- IES's Management College and Research Centre, Mumbai
- All Questions
IES's Management College and Research Centre, Mumbai
can we give ies during our mtech. does ies contain syllabus of mtech or only btech??
Yes, a candidate can appear for Indian Engineering Service Entrance Exam if she/he is pursuing M.Tech. The minimum education qualification is B.Tech or its equivalent from any Central or State University or any other Educational Institutions established by either an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities or UGC provided that they must meet the age requirement. The upper age limit is 30 years. Candidates belonging to reserved categories is given age relaxation on upper age limit which is as follows
- OBC: 3 years
- SC/ST: 5 years
- Defence Services personnel, (disabled in operations during hostilities ): 3 years
- ECOs/ SSCOs: 5 years
- Exservicemen: 5 years
- Deafmute and orthopaedic handicapped persons: 10 years
To check the eligibility criteria click on the link below
The syllabus UPSC IES includes the subjects that you have studied in B.Tech level. To check the IES 2021 syllabus click on the link below
How to identify community certificate number, Community Certificate issuing authority designation and communication certificate date (issued with last eligable date for the application ) for IES exam application. can someone help with application process..........
The caste certificate number will be mentioned on the caste certificate, it will be either a series of numbers or alphanumeric. The name of the officer who issued the caste certificate, the designation will be given on the caste certificate, it will either on the from page of the certificate or the backside of the certificate. The certificate will be mostly issued by the Tahsildar. And the date of certificate issued will be on the caste certificate. So kindly check your caste certificate to find the necessary details.
should I prepare gate and ies together??? because there is little much difference and syllabus is same.
You can start preparing for IES as the syllabus is more in IES and it takes more time, for GATE you can work on your aptitude and numericals before few months of GATE examination,
As If you prepare for IES your theory part will be completed automatically and for GATE you can practice numericals so that you can get good marks in GATE.
But it's very important to focus on one of the competition first as you need to get maximum knowledge and learning so that you can get a good rank and get desired job/college.
I hope it helps,
Best of luck
how is ece branch in engineering as graduation for giving ias or ies exam?
ECE student can apply for IES exam . UPSC conducts IES/ESE exam for 4 branches which are : Civil Engineering, Electronics & telecommunication Engineering, etc. You can apply for IAS exam being a student of ECE engineering in the final year of Graduation Degree Engineering. IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE. to become an IAS officer the candidate should have appeared and cracked Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.
To become IES officer, what are path should I follow. that is exam ?..Exam rules...
To become an IES officer you need to apply for the IES exam through the web portal of UPSC that conducts the exam and qualify the selection process is done through written test and interview . The written test has two sections, Section I (there will be objective model questions based on general English and general studies) and Section II (is a conventional paper is based on the concerned subject of engineering). Qualified candidates in the written test will go to the next level of selection, personality test. Based on the marks obtained in the written test and personality test, aspirants are selected to different departments.
Also to become an IES officer you are required to get an Engineering degree from any of the recognized University.
For UPSC ESE exam eligibilty criteria, please refer to the following link: https://competition.careers360.com/articles/upsc-ese-eligibility-criteria
which books to be followed for gate and (IES) INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES combinely to crack pls tell me sir for ece department ???
I am enlisting down some best books for preparation of IES and GATE 2021especially for ECE branch :-
For General studies & Engineering Aptitude :-
- General Studies & Engineering Aptitude 2020-IES Master Publication
- ESE 2020 Prelims: General Studies & Engineering Aptitude-ACE Engineering Publications
- ESE 2020 General Studies & Engineering Aptitude Practice Book-Made Easy Publications
- General Studies & Engineering Aptitude-R.K. Jain
For Electronics and Telecommunication part :-
- Network Analysis-a) Van Valkenburg b) Chakrabarti
- Electromagnetic Waves & Radiating Systems-a) Jardon & Balmain b) JD Kraus
- Integrated Circuits-K.R. Botkar
- Op. Amps & Linear Integrated Circuit-Gayakwad
- Digital Logic & Computer Design-Morris Mano
- Automatic Control System-a)Benjamin C. Kuo b) B.S Manke
- Control System Engg.-Nagrath & Gopal
- Principle of Communication System-a) Taub & Schilling b) J.B Gupta) c) A. Bruu Carlson
- Integrated Electronics-a) Jacob Milman & C. Halkias b) Millman & Grabel
- Network and Systems-D. Roy Choudhary
- Signals and System-a) Oppehum, Willsky & Nacob b) Sanjay Sharma
- Electronics & Communication Engineering-Arihant Publication
- Detailed Solutions in Electronics & Communication for Competitions-S. K. Karna
- Electronics Engineering Handout-Made Easy Publication
For more details kindly check out the link given below :-
- Wiley Acing the GATE: Electronics and Communication Engineering, 2ed, 2020-Varsha Agrawal, Nakul Maini Anil K. Maini
- GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering-Pearson
- GATE 2020: Electronics Engineering 33 Years’ Topic-Wise Previous Solved Papers-GK Publications
- GATE Tutor 2020 For Electronics and Communication Engineering-Arihant Experts
- GATE-2020 Electronics & Communication Engineering Previous GATE Questions with Solutions-ACE Engineering Academy
- Network Analysis and Synthesis-Franklin F. Kuo
- Circuits and Networks-A. Sudhakar, Shyammohan S. Palli
- Circuit Theory-A Chakravarthy
- Signals and Systems-Simon Haykin and Bang Vanveen
- Electronic Devices and Circuits-Millman, Halkias
- Fundamentals of Digital Circuits-Kumar A. Anand
- Control Systems Engineering-IJ Nagrath, M Gopal
- Microprocessors and Its Interfacing-Douglas V Hall
- Communication Systems-Simon Haykins
- Elements of Electromagnetics-N. O. Sadiku
For more details kindly check out the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.
best way to crack Indian engineering services (IES) Exam?? pls reply
To crack UPSC Engineering Services exam for the Prestigious IES Cadre, you effectively need to prepare 2 Sections for the Prelims Exam.
1. Core Subject Paper 1
Prepare at par with GATE Preparation in respective subject.
2. General Studies & Engineering Aptitude. Paper 2
Use UPSC CSE General Study and Aptitude Books. You may even refer CAT Books for Aptitude, Quant and DILR Questions as well as Engineering Mathematics from your University Book.
While in the Mains Exam, you need to prepare only your Core Subject, but will have to answer 2 Papers. For Mains, you need to have in depth understanding and you may have to answer descriptively, unlike MCQs in Prelims.
To know more about UPSC ESE Preparation do follow the link below
As a B.Tech Graduate In Information Technology can I eligible for IES
Yes B.Tech in Information Technology candidates are eligible for IES as long as candidate have obtained a Bachelor's Degree with Mathematical Statistics/ Statistics/ Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master's degree in relevant subject from a recognised University. So if you had any of the above subjects in your B.Tech then you will be eligible. As per the Indian Economic service eligibility, candidates between the age of 21 to 30 years can apply for IES exam 2021. Applicants belonging to reserved category are also eligible for age relaxation as per the rules. Union Public Service Commission will release the IES application form on April 7, 2021. The application fee of UPSC IES/ISS is Rs. 200/- while reserved category candidates are exempted from the payment of application fee.
is Ies exam prelims and main syllabus is same?
IES syllabus varies from branch to branch. it is conducted in three stages: prelims, mains and personality test. stage 1 prelims basically includes questions from general aptitude and engineering aptitude and mains exam consists of questions from your bachelor's degree. However the prescribed syllabus for some of the branches like ECE are same for prelims and mains. But kindly note that prelims is more of aptitude type questions, so stage 1 exam is almost same for every branch.
For more info visit here:
I HAVE COMPLETED DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING AFTER MY TENTH . THEN I WASTED TWO YEARS. AFTER TWO YERAS OF GAP I JOINED ENGINEERING DIRECTLY IN THE SECOND YEARS (LATERAL ENTRY). NOW CAN I APPLY FOR UPSC IES EXAM ??? . DOES THE GAP MATTERS ??
Yes you are eligible to apply for UPSC IES examination but your age limit mus be between 21 to 30 years old. Other wise gap is doesn't matter. Be prepare yourself and it's a very good opportunity for your future.
Above link will help you out many more things about this examination.
All the best.