- Programming Language Fundamentals (Python)
- Internet & Networking Basics
Advanced Certificate Programme in Cyber Security
With the “Advanced Certificate Programme in Cyber Security” start a journey in becoming a specialist in cyber security.
Inclusive of GST
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study, Virtual Classroom
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 12-15 Hours Per Week
The “Advanced Certificate Programme in Cyber Security” certification is a short-term online degree awarded by IIT Bangalore as the initiation of upGrad. This online course is specifically made for candidates who do not want to leave their professional careers but still want to pursue cybersecurity and become specialized in data secrecy, application security, cryptography, and network security.
The “Advanced Certificate Programme Cyber Security” syllabus covers the teaching of tools, and programming languages like Java, Python, Gift, Amazon Web Services, Burp Suite, and many more. This course has been deemed prestigious since IIIT Bangalore is a deemed university recognized by UGC, AICTE approved, and one of the Top-rated 70 Engineering Universities with respect to NIRF Rankings.
The “Advanced Certificate Programme in Cyber Security” certification, provides working professionals with programming or non-programming backgrounds to help them with gaining practical knowledge and fast-pace their entry into various Cyber Security roles in top companies.
- Complete online PG course
- 250+ Learning Hours
- 7.5 months long course
- 1:1 Personalised Mentorship from experts
- 4 projects or assignments
- PG Certificate initiation IIIT Bangalore
- IIIT Bangalore Status of Alumni
- No Cost EMI Options
- Dedicated Student Career, & Success Mentor
- Placement Assistance Available
- Online pg course
- Placement assistance
- Certificate from iiit bangalore
- Alumni status
- 4 projects
Course and certificate fees
The “Advanced Certificate Programme in Cyber Security'' certification fees are a total of Rs. 99,000 that includes all taxes, and has to be paid by the candidate. The fee can be paid either upfront or by using the No cost EMI options offered by the university in association with Zest Money, Propelled, and Liquiloans. The tenure is of 6 months with a payment of nearly Rs.10,000 every month that makes it more economical for them.
Advanced Certificate Programme in Cyber Security fee structure
Advanced Certificate Programme in Cyber Security
Rs. 99,000 , including taxes
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The “Advanced Certificate Programme in Cyber Security” course can be pursued by any graduate who wants to learn cybersecurity and its concepts. But can be mainly suited for working professionals belonging to different backgrounds like Statistics, Mathematics, or Analysis.
- Candidates should have at least 50% marks in their Bachelor’s degree under any discipline from a recognized university.
- The candidates do not need any prior work experience to apply for the course.
Certification Qualifying Details
- Once a candidate completes studying the program he/she will be awarded only a “Advanced Certificate Programme in Cyber Security” by the prestigious IIIT Bangalore.
What you will learn
After completion of the course candidates will be doing the following:
- They will be able to pursue many programming languages, and tools that are used mainly for cybersecurity.
- Learn by participating in real-life industry projects along with assignments & case studies.
- They can accelerate their growth in the cybersecurity career.
Follow the details below to get admission to the “Advanced Certificate Programme in Cyber Security”
Step 1: The candidates can visit the official course website: https://www.upgrad.com/cyber-security-certification-pgc-iiitb
Step 2: Next, click on Apply Now.
Step 3: With the details, fill up the complete application form.
Step 4: After the application form is filled candidates' applications will be reviewed by the admission committee of upGrad, and IIIT Bangalore.
Step 5: The selected candidates will be shortlisted and informed.
Filling the form
The application form has to be filled in by the candidates enrolling for the “Advanced Certificate Programme in Cyber Security” program. Candidates have to start by entering their phone number, and other important details to complete the application properly.
Information Security and Applied Cryptography
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- OS Fundamentals and Security
- Cryptography and Encryption
- Cryptographic Key Management
- Message Digests and Digital Signatures
- Identity Access Management
- Authentication and Access Control
- Assignment/Project - Access Control
- Tools: Linux, Python Crypto Library
Network Security in Ethical Hacking
- Introduction to Network Security and Spoofing
- Secured Networks System with Firewall
- Packet Inspection and Attack Against Availability
- Network Access Control
- SIEM tools and additional security measures
- Assignment/Project - Intrusion Detection System/Exploiting Virtual Machine
- Tools: Wireshark, NMap, Splunk
Application Security in Ethical Hacking and Advanced Concepts in Cyber Security
- Introduction to Application Security
- Web-based applications and associated vulnerabilities
- Cookies and Tracking
- Data and Database Security
- Phishing and other attacks on Identity
- Cloud application Security (Optional)
- Mobile Security (Optional)
- Penetration Testing, Fuzzing (Optional)
- Regulation, Compliance, and Risk management
- Assignment/Project - Exploit web application
- Tools: Kali, Linux, BurpSuite, OWASP ZAP, OWASP BWA, sqlmap, AWS
How it helps
The “Advanced Certificate Programme in Cyber Security” benefits are mentioned below:
Industry Relevant Projects
The capstone projects or assignments may help the students to learn through assignments, case studies, and real-life industry projects, to make them ready to take on the competitive world.
upGrad offers the candidates to sit for interviews with their 300+ hiring partners like Zivame, Flipkart, Paytm, Myntra, and more. Also, candidates have access to job portals that always have at least 100+ job opportunities.
upGrad has career assistance for the students enrolling in any of their programs. They offer benefits like resume building, interview preparation with 100+ questions that are commonly asked.
Candidates get separate mentorship before any interviews that are set up and Live interactive sessions with experts from the industry. Along with this dedicated upGrad Mentors are present to track the program progress, and clear doubts related to the curriculum.
Students also get to network with nearly 10000+ peers and industry experts. The students also get to participate in doubt-clearing sessions that are held weekly, and walkthroughs of lab-based on industry-driven projects.
The program is designed mainly for the production of professionals with cybersecurity expertise in the understanding of algorithms, their applications, and tools, or languages.
The lectures are live, and online which is the perfect mix of industry leaders from upGrad along with renowned faculty from IIT, Bangalore.
Any academic queries will be addressed via the Q&A session with the faculty, and peer-to-peer discussions with the Teaching Assistants.
Some banks do charge a small processing fee or GST on a 0% Credit Card EMI transaction which is billed in the first installment of the repayment.
Yes, there are both refunds, and deferral policies available for the “PG Certification in Cyber Security” certification.