Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET), Lucknow is an autonomous institute, established in 1984. IET is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). This is a state government engineering college, offers B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA and MCA degree courses. IET is affiliated to Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow and was formerly affiliated to The University of Lucknow.
IET Lucknow is situated at Sitapur Rd, Sector F, Jankipuram, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Lucknow Junction is about 11 km away from the Institution and the nearest airport is Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, which is about 35 km away from the institution. The institute is about 7 km away from the Bus Depot.
Accreditation and collaboration:
- IET is accredited by the National Board Accreditation (NBA).
- Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme of Government of India (TEQIP)
- Texas Instruments
IET Lucknow has the following Clubs, Societies and Committees:
- The Programming Club - Fractal: In this club, students learn to excel in competitive coding under the mentorship of fellow seniors.
- Automobile Club: This is the club under the Student Activity Center(SAC) of IET Lucknow promoting activities related to automotive engineering.
- Robotic Club: The club helps students from all disciplines to learn automated, manual or state of the art robot production.
- Parmarth: This is a student-driven initiative that endeavours to provide education to underprivileged in the vicinity of the campus. The students are provided with stationery, textbooks, and notebooks.
- Literary Club: The club is a platform for literary enthusiasts. Students actively take part in debating, poetry writing and creative writing,
- Nakshatra: The club organizes workshops, competitions, presentation seminars relating to astronomy in collaboration with Indira Gandhi Planetarium Lucknow.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
Institute of Engineering and Technology offers admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Admission to the courses are done on the basis of marks scored in UPSEE exam followed by a counselling process. Further, aspirants have to get their documents verified by the college authority. The detailed admission processes for every course are given below:
Admission process for B.Tech:
- Candidates need to appear for the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE), organised by Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) and conducted by Central Admission Board.
- Based on the entrance test - (UPSEE), shortlisted candidates have to appear for counselling.
- During the counselling, candidates have to give their preference for the Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow.
- Final merit list will be prepared based on the entrance test score, preference for the course and college and choice locking.
- Shortlisted candidates have to visit the allotted colleges and complete the admission process which includes document verification and fee payment.
Admission process for M.Tech:
- Candidates need to appear for the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE), organised by Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU).
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for the counselling at Centre for Advanced Studies, AKTU Lucknow.
- Candidate with a valid GATE score need to not appear in the entrance test, they can directly appear for the counselling.
- Candidates appearing through UPSEE counselling, have to give first preference to Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow.
- Merit list is prepared based on the counselling, entrance test score, preferences for the course and colleges.
- Further, the shortlisted candidates have to visit the allotted college and complete the admission process, which includes document verification and fee payment.
IET Lucknow has the facilities of the library, hostel for boys and girls, canteen, mess, and health care. The college also provides facilities of sports, gym, ATM, and transportation. The clubs, cells, and societies of the college empower students in various academic and extra-curricular activities.
Boys Hostel: IET Lucknow has hostel facilities for boys separately. There are eight boys' hostels. The hostels are Wi-Fi/Lan enabled and well equipped for comfortable lodging and boarding of the students. All the hostels are located on the campus and hostel rooms are spacious and well-furnished.
Girls Hostel: IET Lucknow has hostel facilities for girls separately. There are four girls hostels. The hostels are Wi-Fi/Lan enabled and well equipped for comfortable lodging and boarding of the students. All the hostels are located on the campus and hostel rooms are spacious and well-furnished.
Library: Apart from books, students have access to the latest magazines, international journals, newspapers and research papers. The library also stocks a huge collection of educational cd-rooms and old copies of important periodicals.
Laboratories: IET Lucknow has many laboratories that are fully-equipped and well maintained. These laboratories not only enhance practical skills but also strengthen the theoretical concepts.
Banks/ATMs: The students have the facility of an on-campus bank, viz. Vijaya Bank Branch, which is a well- equipped, computerized branch, assuring instant deposits and withdrawals- saving a lot of precious time of the students.
I.T Infrastructure: The institute has well-equipped air-conditioned computer laboratories with the latest in both hardware and software. All the computers are part of an intranet. The institute has high bandwidth Internet connectivity round the clock. Students and researchers have 24 hour-access to the computational facilities.
Computing Centre: The institute has well-equipped computing laboratories.
Auditorium: IET Lucknow has the auditorium, which has the capacity to accommodate more than 1000 people.
Medical/Hospital: The institute provides a dispensary which is a well-organized entity catering to students and staff. It provides all medical facilities and medicines regularly to the patients of the institute during OPD hours.
Gym: A state of the art gymnasium has been established to aid the physical fitness maintenance of the students. The gymnasium is equipped with all modern equipment and is open for both boys and girls at separate times during mornings and evenings.
Sports: The college has indoor and outdoor sports facilities for the students such as football, cricket, basketball, carom, etc.
Seniors are our teacher
Last Seen: 05 Jun' 19
Joined On: 21 Apr' 17
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering
My college is very fantastic college.
the unmatched return of investment
Questions related to Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow
Which is better IET lucknow or chandigarh university for btech with cs?
I would suggest Chandigarh University because the exposure and placements at CU are far better than the IET Lucknow. The salary package offered at IET Lucknow ranges from 3.5 LPA to 7 LPA. While at the Chandigarh University, the highest package for the CS is 35 Lac per annum this year.
Hope this helps. Thank you.
KNIT sultanpur or IET lucknow which is best college for civil and electrical engineering ???
I would recommend you to go for IET Lucknow as it is ranked higher then KNIT Sultanpur and is located in Lucknow so you would also get a good environment and big city, also there is IIIT Lucknow in Lucknow so , this is also a good thing. Otherwise if your home is near Sultanpur then you can also go for KNIT.
Check this link for IET Lucknow
Check this link for KNIT Sultanpur
All the best.
Hope this will help you.
my sc category marks are 250 in UPSEE can i get hbti kanpur or iet lucknow?
The UPSEE cutoffs for 2020 has not been released yet. Although, according to previous year cuts offs for UPSEE was around 20%(minimum) to qualify under the SC category. Based on the previous years cutoff you could get into your preferred college. I would suggest you to use the college predictor link - https://www.careers360.com/upsee-college-predictor
iet Lucknow kitne marks Tak milega?
To get admission in IET your rank matters not marks because level of paper may vary with respect to previous years papers but you should try to score atleast 450 marks (under 3000 rank)to deserve some core branches .One more thing that during counselling you should have patience because in last round of counselling you can get a drastic favorable change in your gained choice however your rank is more than 5000 many people don’t know this thing so that a few get this opportunity.But now you should first revise your syllabus thoroughly and go for mock tests it will really help you to score well dude.
For more details of college you may visit this link
I hope this was helpful to you.
All the best for your future.
May I get IET LUCKNOW ON 63 percentile in jee mains or it cannot be fond on the basis of jee mains result in sc category
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: