Admission Process 2021
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Dharwad, which was established in 2015, offers Bachelor of Technology and Doctoral Course degree programmes. Admissions to BTech is made through JoSAA counselling process on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in Joint Entrance Exam, i.e. JEE Main. PhD admissions are based on merit and interviews conducted by the institute. Before applying for admissions, candidates must necessarily meet the eligibility criteria set by the institute, which is required for admission process and selection.
The admissions for 2020-2021 B. Tech. are ongoing and almost completed, whereas admissions for PhD hasn’t been released by the institute yet since it is a newly introduced course degree. The institute informs that admission forms for PhD course degrees will be released soon.
IIIT Dharwad Selection Process for B. Tech. and PhD Courses
IIIT Dharwad B.Tech Admission Process
Candidates wanting to apply for B. Tech. admissions in IIIT Dharwad are required to follow the steps given below.
1. Fill and submit the admission form.
2. Appear and qualify JEE MAIN entrance exam, and meet the cut-off score.
3. Participate in JoSAA counselling.
4. Selected candidates will have to pay fees.
IIIT Dharwad Ph.D Admission Process
Interested candidates for admissions to various PhD programmes in IIIT Dharwad must follow the steps given below for admission.
1. Fill the admission form and submit it.
2. Candidates will be selected for further process based on their merit.
3. If qualified, participate in the personal round of interview conducted by the institute.
4. Selected candidates must pay fees.
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Dharwad Admission
IIIT Dharwad courses include B. Tech. and Ph.D. programmes. Admissions to B. Tech. are made through JEE Main, followed by JoSAA counselling or CSAB counselling. PhD admissions are made through merit and personal interview. The details on B. Tech. and PhD admissions, along with the programmes they offer will be further explained below in detail.
IIIT Dharwad Admission Procedure for B. Tech. Programmes
IIIT Dharwad offers B. Tech. programmes in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, and Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
Candidates must have completed class 12 in science stream with subjects of physics, math, chemistry and minimum marks of 55%. They must appear in the JEE Main entrance exam.
IIIT Dharwad B. Tech. Admission Through JEE Main
IIIT Dharwad provides admissions to BTech in the following procedure that needs to be followed by candidates.
1. Fill the admission form provided by the institute and submit it within the given timeframe.
2. Appear and qualify JEE Main entrance exam and make sure you meet the cut off requirements for further admission process.
3. Qualified candidates should be available for JoSAA counselling or CSAB counselling for final seat allotment.
4. Submit all the required documents for verification.
5. Selected candidates will then be required to pay fees.
1. Class 10 and 12 marksheet.
2. School/college leaving certificate
3. Caste certificate (if any)
4. Pan card/Aadhar card for address proof
5. JEE MAIN scorecard
6. Passport size photo
IIIT Dharwad Admission Procedure for Ph.D Programmes
The institute offers PhD programmes in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics.
Interested candidates must have a minimum score of 60% in Master’s degree. They must have completed their Master’s degree in the respective doctoral degree they wish to pursue.
IIIT Dharwad Ph.D Admission Through Merit
IIIT Dharwad offers admissions to PhD through merit and personal interview. The procedure for admissions to PhD, which should be followed by candidates are given below.
1. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria set by the institute must first fill the admission form and submit it before the deadline.
2. Candidates will further be selected for a personal interview by the institute for final seat allotment.
3. Candidates must participate in the personal interview and submit all the required documents for verification.
4. Once the documents are verified, selected candidates will be required to pay fees.
1. Bachelor’s and Master’s degree marksheet
2. Caste certificate (if any)
3. Aadhar card/Pan card/Electric bill copy for address proof
4. School/college leaving certificate
5. Passport size photo
IIIT Dharwad Scholarship
The institute does not offer scholarship or financial aid to students. However, the institute facilitates the students and parents to avail of student loans from State Bank of India. They also provide information regarding state and central scholarships if there are any. Students can apply for various scholarship schemes provided by the state and central government depending on the category they belong to and their academic performance. There is a separate scholarship for SC/ST and other economically backward students to provide financial aid and support them throughout their academic pursuance. Other than this, students with outstanding academic performance can avail of merit cum means scholarship from the state or central government.
View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
Admission to Indian Institute of Information Technology is through Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB). All the interested candidates are requested to follow the admissions criteria explained on the CSAB website.
Seat allocation for different categories of students will be as per CSAB norms. The institute has no role in the seat allocation process.