IIT Jodhpur Highlights
About IIT Jodhpur
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur (IIT Jodhpur) was established in 2008 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. It is an institute of national importance. IIT Jodhpur was established by an Act of Parliament, the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2012. The campus of IIT Jodhpur is a residential campus which is spread over an area of 852 acres. The college has 11 academic departments: Bioscience & Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering and Physics. IIT Jodhpur offers B.Tech, M.Sc., M.Tech and PhD programmes.
IIT Jodhpur is located at NH 65, Surpura Bypass Road, Karwar, Rajasthan. Jodhpur Airport is the closest airport to the college, located about 31.8 km away. Nearest railway station to the college is Mandor Railway Station, located about 20.7 km away while the nearest bus depot to the college is Paota Roadways Bus Stand, located about 27 km away.
IIT Jodhpur has collaborated/signed MOUs with the following institutions:
- University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Universitat Rovira I Virgili, Tarragona, Spain
- University of Waterloo, Canada
- University of Manitoba, Canada
- University of California, Merced, USA
- Institute of Science and Technology, Nara, Japan
- Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
- The Commissariat a L’Energie Atomique et aux Énergies Alternatives, France
- Embassy of France in India
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- Sardar Patel University of Police, Security, and Criminal Justice, Jodhpur
- Mahindra & Mahindra Limited, Mumbai
- Larsen & Toubro Limited, Mumbai
- Tata Motors Limited, Mumbai
- TVS Motor Company Limited, Chennai
- Tata Power Limited, Mumbai
- ANSYS and Entuple Technologies
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Finance Committee- This Committee of IIT Jodhpur takes care of all the finances of the college. It keeps a record of all the finances made by the college and gives its stamp of approval to any financial suggestions.
- Admission Committee- This Committee handles all the admission related duties like publishing the notifications, counselling, conducting tests and interviews etc.
- Student Placement Committee- This Committee works in close contact with the students who are about to appear for placements. It also keeps in touch with the companies who are willing to visit the campus for placements.
- Career Counselling Committee- This Committee provides counselling assistance to the students related to their careers. Students facing issues related to their career can contact this committee for counselling and guidance.
- Anti-Ragging Committee- This Committee of Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur works for preventing cases of ragging in the college. It spreads awareness of the consequences of indulging in ragging. It takes strict actions against those found guilty in ragging.
- Women's Cell- This Committee works for the welfare of the women of the college. It makes them aware of their rights and takes care of the issues filed by women.
- Sports and Games Society- This Society deals with all the sports and games at the Institute level. It teaches its members the grace of learning to face victory with humility and defeat with grace.
- Cultural & Literary Society- This society deals with all the cultural and literary activities at the Institute level. It formally adopts all student culture & literary activities, which are included in the annual Inter-IIT level and other national-level students culture & literary festivals. These include student music activities, student dance activities, student drama activities, student film activities, student literature activities, student quiz activities, student book activities and student newsletter activities as a club each.
- Design & Arts Society- This Society of IIT Jodhpur deals with all the design and arts activities at the Institute level. It formally adopts all student design and arts activities, which are included in the annual Inter-IIT level and other national-level students design & arts festivals. These include student animation activities, student design activities, student fine arts activities, student FM radio activities, student photography, student media, and student cinematography as a club each.
- Science & Technology Society- This society deals with all the science and technology activities at the Institute level. It formally adopts all student science & technology activities, which are included in the annual Inter-IIT level and other national-level students science & technology festivals. These include student automobile activities, student robotics activities, student astronomy activities, student aeromodelling activities, student science activities, student electronics activities and student computer programming activities as a club each.
- Academics & Careers Society- This society deals with all the student academics and careers related activities at the Institute level. It formally adopts all student academics & careers activities, which are included in the annual inter-IIT level and other national-level students academics & careers events. These include student career planning activities, student communications development activities, student entrepreneurship skills development activities and student personality development activities as a club each.
- Campus Life Society- This Club of IIT Jodhpur was formed to provide a platform to students to get real-life experiences and to improve the quality of life of students on campus. The Student Campus Life Society actively works with the Office of Students of the Institute. It formally adopts all student campus fraternity activities at the Institute, including student legacy activities, student city tourist services, student dining services, student informal events, student picnics and social service activities as a club each.
IIT Jodhpur Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
IIT Jodhpur Exams and Cutoffs
IIT Jodhpur Admissions 2021
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur Admission Procedure:-
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur courses includes B.Tech, M.Sc., M.Tech and PhD programmes related to Bioscience & Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering and Physics. IIT Jodhpur admissions to B.Tech/B.E programmes are offered on the basis of scores JEE Advanced and candidates qualifying JEE Advanced will further have to register for JoSAA counselling for participating in the choice filling, choice locking and seat allotment. Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur admissions to M.Tech programmes are offered on the basis of GATE and further, they have to register for counselling on the official website of IIT Jodhpur. Admission to M.Sc programmes on the basis of JAM followed by participation in the JAM counselling process. Admission to the doctoral programme is offered on the basis of Written Test conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur followed by Personal Interview. The last stage of admission of all the courses offered by Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur comprises participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment. The detailed IIT Jodhpur admission process of all the courses is given below:
IIT Jodhpur B.Tech Admission Procedure:
- Candidates have to appear for JEE Advanced and secure the cut-off rank.
- Candidates then have to register for JoSAA counselling where they will do the choice filling for the programmes and colleges they want to opt for.
- In JoSAA counselling, candidates are shortlisted based on their rank in JEE Advanced.
- Final selection for IIT Jodhpur admissions will be done through JOSAA counselling based on choice filling, option locking, document verification and fee payment.
IIT Jodhpur M.Tech Admission Process:
- Candidates have to appear for GATE Entrance Exam.
- Then, candidates have to apply for admission online on the college website.
- Candidates will be shortlisted by the college based on their GATE score.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, candidates will have to appear for a Test/Personal Interview.
- Admission will be offered based on the performance in Test/Personal Interview.
- IIT graduates with a minimum CGPA of 8 out of 10 will get direct admission into M.Tech. They don't need to appear for GATE.
IIT Jodhpur Admission Procedure for M.Sc Programmes:
- Candidates have to appear for JAM Entrance Exam.
- Then, candidates have to apply for admission online on the college website.
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on their past academic performance and JAM Entrance Exam score.
- Shortlisted applicants will be called for the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, applicants will have to appear for a Test/Personal Interview.
- Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur admissions will be offered based on the performance in Test/Personal Interview.
IIT Jodhpur Admission Procedure for PhD Programmes:
- Candidates have to apply for admission online on the college website.
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on their past academic performance.
- Shortlisted applicants will appear for a Written Test and Personal Interview. Statement of Purpose (SOP) and Letter of Recommendation (LOR) must be submitted by the applicant before the interview.
- IIT Jodhpur admissions will be offered based on the performance in Written Test and Personal Interview.
IIT Jodhpur Placements
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
IIT Jodhpur Facilities
IIT Jodhpur offers various academic and infrastructural facilities to the students and faculty members of the institute including hostels, labs, library, computer centre, dining hall, medical centre, sports, transport, guest house etc. Students can find more information on IIT Jodhpur facilities that are provided inside the institute campus.
- Laboratories- The college has established a number of undergraduate teaching and research laboratories that are equipped with state of art facilities. They provide good practical learning along with theoretical learning.
- Library- The college library is a fully air-conditioned and WiFi connected 2 storey building with elevator facility. The library has a rich collection of books (12000+) on every subject being taught at the Institute, 110 Thesis, project reports and faculty publications, 6900+ journals, subscription to 16 magazines and 4 newspapers.
- Computer Centre- The Computer Centre at the college has a gigabit LAN with 1 Gbps internet bandwidth and is equipped with 200 computers. Licensed software, like Matlab, Mathematica, Cadence, Mentor Graphic, Ansys, PSCAD and Solidworks are installed on the computers. An 802.11/b/g/n Wi-Fi service is enabled in the academic and residential areas.
- Dining Hall- The dining hall at the IIT Jodhpur is a three-storied fully air-conditioned modern building. The mess is spanning 2 floors and caters to 1000 students at once. Separate veg and non-veg preparation and serving facilities are available. A separate food court serves a vast range of ala carte menu.
- Hostels- The hostels have single occupancy air-conditioned rooms, 24x7 high-speed WIFI and LAN connections, housekeeping, laundry and maintenance facilities and sports and recreational facilities.
- Medical Centre- IIT Jodhpur has an ISO 9001:2005 certified health centre with OPD and ambulance service. It has empanelment with numerous reputed hospitals. A constituted medical board of doctors from Govt Medical College and AIIMS work there. Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Ayurved University is in the vicinity of the college campus.
- Sports- The college has facilities for cricket, football, basketball, volleyball, lawn tennis, badminton etc. Athletics and gymnastics facilities are there too. There are fully equipped gymnasiums.
- Transport- The college provides bus facility for students to and fro from college campus to Jodhpur city on a daily basis. Paid car taxi service is also available.
- Guest House- The institute has a well-furnished, air-conditioned guest house which has WIFI connectivity and can be used by students' parent as per the availability.
IIT Jodhpur Student Reviews
It has been fine experience so a far,a bit more competitive
My experience was excellent.
Experience is good and you can explore here many things
Last Seen: 26 Apr' 20
Joined On: 26 Apr' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
- Ph.D Electrical Engineering
Questions related to IIT Jodhpur
CSE in nit Warangal or ECE in nit trichy or electrical in bhu iit or CSE in iit jodhpur or iit Tirupati
Above mentioned colleges are all top reputed IITs and NITs in India. To choose from the above colleges, it would be IIT BHU, Varanasi. But for the course you have to select the path you wanna lead your career in. All the three courses have there own career paths. It would be great with ECE branch for a good career option.
Which one is better? Masters in Electronics and Instrumentation at University Institute of Technology, Burdwan University or M.Tech in Power Electronics and Drives at Jalpaiguri Govt. Engineering College? I am B.tech in Electrical Engineering. Please give the answer as soon as possible
First of all you should know your field of Intrest before deciding as these both options are totally different categories so it's difficult to say because both have their own benefits.
But if your confused to do Masters in Electronics and Instrumentation or Masters in Power Electronics Device.
Then I would suggest you to go for Masters in Electronics and Instrumentation at University institute of technology, Burdwan University. You could work in various job profiles and obtain great salary packages if compared with Masters in power electronics devices.
So overall I advise you to go for Masters in Electronics and Instrumentation in Burdwan University.
Hope this helps
which is better? civil engineering at iit jodhpur or iit bhuvaneshvar?
Both the college are quite similar, in placement scenario but faculty members are quite a bit better at iit bhuvneshwar.
Secondly scope of civil engineerr are more in jodhpur and North part of the country while at the eastern sides, metallurgy and mining engineers are in demand so look for this as well while opting.
In my opinion you must go with iit jodhpur,
I hope this helps
which is better iit jodhpur bioengineering or iit dhanbad mineral engineering
If we consider 2020 rankings then.
- Indian Institute Of Technology, Jodhpur is ranked 25
- Indian Institute Of Technology, Dhanbad is not under 100
But at last choice is yours, what matters more is your interest. Compare the syllabus, go for the branch, that you are interested in.
How were the 2020 CSE placements at IIT Jodhpur?
There is 95% of Placement for CSE in IIT jodhpur. With the average package 14.33 lakhs per year. So many good companies like Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, DirectI, Barclays, Amazon, DE Shaw, Arcesium, Go Jek, Tata Consultancy visited the college for the placement
Hope this information helps you .
All the best
IIT Jodhpur Gallery
IIT Jodhpur Notable Alumni
IIT Jodhpur Related Articles
IIT Jodhpur Latest News
NEW DELHI: The department of civil and infrastructure engineering at the In....
NEW DELHI: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Jodhpur has announced a....
NEW DELHI: The Centre’s Department of Science and Technology (DST) ha....
IIT Jodhpur Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: