About: The Balika Samriddhi Yojana will be a 100% Centrally Sponsored Scheme to extend 100% Central assistance to States/Union Territories to provide benefits under this scheme in accordance with the norms, guidelines and rules as laid down by the Government of India.
Objectives of Balika Samriddhi Yojana:
- To change negative family and community attitudes towards the girl child at birth and towards her mother.
- To improve enrolment and retention of girl children in schools.
- To raise the age at marriage of girls.
- To assist the girl to undertake income generating activities.
Components of the Balika Samriddhi Yojana:
- The girl children eligible under Balika Samriddhi Yojana will be entitled to the following benefits:
- A post-birth grant amount of Rs.500/-.
- When the girl child born on or after 15/8/1997 and covered under BSY starts attending the school, she will become entitled to annual scholarships as under for each successfully completed year of schooling:-
AMOUNT OF ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP
Rs.300/- per annum for each class
Rs.500/- per annum
Rs.600/- per annum
Rs.700/- per annum for each class
Rs.800/- per annum
Rs.1,000/- per annum for each class
Eligibility for Balika Samriddhi Yojana:
- Girls born after 15th August 1997 to families living below the Poverty Line are eligible for this scheme.
- A maximum of two daughters in a family can benefit from this scheme.
- The scheme will pay annual scholarships into the girl’s account, starting at INR 300 (when the girl is in Class 1) to INR 1000( when the girl in Class 10).
- The girl will receive the money on attaining 18 years of age, provided she is not married.
Mode of application and other information:
- For detailed information on how to apply refer to the official website here.