Admission Process 2021
Tezpur University, Tezpur Admission Process:
Tezpur University, Tezpur offers admission to the undergraduate, dual degree, postgraduate and doctoral courses in various areas. Admission to some courses will be done through the All India Level Entrance Examination while for some courses aspirants have to appear for the University Level Entrance Examination. The detailed admission process is given below:
For Undergraduate Courses (B.Tech/B.Ed/B.Voc):
- For B.Tech, the admissions will be based on JEE Main
- Candidates have to qualify the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main).
- Eligible candidates have to register and apply online and pay the application fee.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for the counselling process at the College.
- If seats remain vacant, admission will be done on the basis of Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) counselling only.
- For B.Ed and B.Voc, admission will be done on the basis of the performance in the Tezpur University Entrance Examination (TUEE).
For Dual Degree Courses:
- Candidates have to visit the official website to register.
- They have to fill an online application form by paying the application fee.
- Admission will be done on the basis of the performance in the Tezpur University Entrance Examination (TUEE).
For Postgraduate Courses (M.Tech/MA/M.Sc/PGD/M.Com/LLM/MBA/MCA/MTTM):
- For M.Tech, candidates with a valid GATE score will be given direct admission to the College.
- For MA, M.Sc, PGD, M.Com, LLM, MCA and MTTM, admission will be done on the basis of the performance in the Tezpur University Entrance Examination (TUEE).
- For MBA, candidates should have a valid MAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/GMAT/CMAT score.
- Eligible candidates have to apply online by filling an application form.
- Based on the scores obtained in MAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/GMAT/CMAT, candidates will be called for a personal interview at the College.
For Doctoral Courses (Ph.D):
- For admission to Ph.D., candidates have to appear for written test followed by a personal interview.
- UGC-(NET/JRF)/UGC-CSIR(NET/JRF)/DBT-JRF/ICMR-JRF/ICAR-NET/GATE/ SLET/M.Phil qualified candidates will be exempted from the entrance test.
View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
Candidates seeking admission to the B. Tech. Programmes are required to appear in the JEE (Main) to be conducted by NTA, New Delhi. All admission shall be based on JEE (Main) All India Ranking/CRL.
The Candidates who appear in the JEE (Main) have two channels for admission to the B. Tech. Programmes.
- 40% of the total seats shall be made through the central counselling i.e. Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) based on JEE (Main). The Candidates of any lace of India can participate in “Central Counselling” conducted by CSAB/ JoSA (Online Choice filling process), to get admission in Tezpur University (TU) against these 40% seats.
- 60% of the total seats shall be made through the Tezpur University Counselling. These seats are reserved for the permanent residents of North East (NE) States. The Candidates need to fill-up Tezpur University application form in addition to JEE (Main) - application. The applicants desiring a seat under the NE quota PRC (Permanent Residence Certificate) issued by the competent authority will be required.