Can we take. Fashion merchandising course only
Hello Horchamri ghui.
For your kind information let me tell you that you can take fashion merchandising course as a stream for your career. If you are having keen interest in it then I believe you will surely succeed. It has a very bright career and better scope.
Ok good luck.
I WANT TO STUDY FASHION DESINING WHICH COLLEGES WOULD BE BEST AND GOVERNMENT SPONSORED ? AND TOTALLY BASED ON PRACTICALS?
All the best!
I am b.sc costume design and fashion completed any additional course in next job level filed help in life
After completion of B.Sc in Costume Design and fashion, you can work in fashion industry. Scope is wide in the fashion industry. Skilled and talented students can have a good scope ahead. You can either work with any experienced designer and improve your skills, learn and gain experience before starting your own work.
If you wish, you can also improve your skills by learning CAD or opting for Master's degree.
Do let us know if you have any other queries.
Eligibility in any degree or relevant degree?
Hello Sir. A programme in Apparel Management deals with the study of brand management, e-commerce, sourcing, product improvement, marketing tactics as well as operational management of textiles. The course curriculum comprises innovative technologies, leadership strategies, course work, field training, internships, etc. Apparel Management can be studied at master’s level or as a postgraduate diploma or research. On completion of the course, students get opportunity to master technical know-hows with top designers and brands around the world. B.F.D is the name of the UG degree offered after completing the course.
what are the colleges to peruse apparel management in India or preferably in mumbai? can a commerce background student do that?
A program in Apparel Management deals with the study of brand
management, e-commerce, sourcing, product improvement,
marketing tactics as well as operational management of textiles.
The course curriculum comprises innovative technologies,
leadership strategies, course work, field training, internships, etc.
Colleges for the concerned course is sufficient in number and
India also has one of best colleges in the field of fashion and
Since the question arose about the college being in Mumbai.
•institute of apparel management in Navi Mumbai.
• Nation institute of fashion technology in Navi Mumbai.
•JD Institute of fashion technology in ville parle west.
•International institute of fashion design in Andheri west.
•Mumbai institute of fashion and interior design Navi Mumbai are
the few reputed college to mention.
Also the list of few well-known colleges across the country have
been mentioned below,
Apparel management is a course which any one from any
background can consider as a career option or pursue the course,
there is no limitations as such,
Provided the aspirant has to clear the entrance if any,
Any one with any background can peruse apparel management
unless and until he/she is passionate and having interest in
fashion to make a career in this domain . There are many top
institutes in India as mentioned above,
Pearl Academy is where you can learn from scratch and
become a professional fashion designer or apparel management
Established in May 2004, Pearl Academy, Mumbai with a focus
on entrepreneurship and employability, caters to the needs of the
fashion, design, retail industry and business. Pearl
Academy offers multiple 4-year under-graduation courses, 2-year
post-graduation programs, and diploma courses in Design and
Fashion. Admission to the courses offered is done through
General Proficiency Test (GPT) or Design Aptitude Test (DAT)
conducted by the Academy.
The minimum eligibility to apply for Bachelor’s courses is
10+2 or equivalent in any stream with 50% marks.
Candidate applying for 2-year Master’s courses must be a
Graduate in any discipline.
Applicants to UG & PG courses will have to appear in
General Proficiency Test (GPT) or Design Aptitude Test
Course: Apparel Buying and Merchandising
Course duration: 11months
The basic eligibility to apply for Bachelor’s degree is 10+2
from a recognized board. The minimum eligibility to apply for
the same is to pass 10+2 level examination with 50% marks
from a recognized board. The courses extend to the duration
of 4-years of duration.
What is the scope of msc in fabric and apparel science from delhi university Lady Irwin college?
M.Sc. Fabric and Apparel Designing is a postgraduate Fashion and interior course. Students and faculty study apparel design and fabric service through the art of Design, the science of chemistry and physics, the application of management principles, and the perspective of history. The course exposes the students to subjects like dyeing and printing , pattern making, sketching, advanced fabric signs, statistics, research methods, world textiles, fashion and retail management and quality control in fabric and apparel.
There is much scope in MSc in fabric and apparel science. Teachers at this department are also supportive so they can recommend you to many organizations, export houses etc. Lady Irwin college gives a really nice exposure to fashion and textile world by providing its students nice chances of internships in good organization.
FEE STRUCTURE AND FACILITIES LADY IRWIN COLLEGE
The fee structure is feasible given it is a government college and under university of Delhi. Students from disadvantaged background can also avail scholarships.
• Duration: 2 years
• Fees: 35940
• Rating: 4.2
• Reputation: Excellent
• Education: 4.4
• Faculty: Good
• Infrastructure: Excellent
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE COURSE: Candidate with an overall average of B grade or equivalent (55%) marks in B.Sc. Textile science and apparel design, B.Sc. Apparel design, B.Sc. Textiles and Clothing, B.Sc. composite are eligible.
M.Sc. FABRIC AND APPAREL DESIGNING COURSES SUITABILITY:
1. This course is suitable for the one who want to develop skills in the field of chemical processing of textile, textile technology and garment production, knitting technology and knitwear design and grading and draping of patterns.
2. They should have innovative mind and want to cooperate in the field of fashion also can go for this course.
BENEFITS OF THE COURSE:
The course trains the student to become professional fashion designer, textile designer, quality control officers and working textile testing laboratories, Factory construction technicians in marketing retailing and merchandising of textile and garments industry as well as become entrepreneurs.
The degree course serves as a basis for Ph.D. and M.Phil. for research work.
M.Sc. FABRIC AND APPAREL DESIGN EMPLOYMENT AREAS:
Apparel manufacturing unit
Fabric export houses
Maintenance and cleaning companies
Research and development firms
Textile Design educational institutions.
Fashion journalist/ reporter
Textile design and media specialist
Sampling and production supervisor
Textile design publicist
Design cum Manager
Textile lab manager
Teacher or lecture.
i want to do plan M B A @ textile or apparels , but i want do only correncepondence .
There are various institutes which conduct MBA distance learning courses in the field of Textile Management or apparels. I am listing the names of such institutes :
- Anna University : Anna University distance education MBA is one of the most popular professional courses that university offers.The distance education MBA course offered by Anna University is a 2 years degree programme.
Eligibility Criteria :
- A candidate must be a graduate in any discipline in order to be eligible for Anna University distance education MBA course.
- The graduation degree must have been obtained after 10+2 or equivalent.
- Students are also required to clear the Distance Education Entrance Test (DEET) conducted by the CDE, Anna University, Chennai.
The university prepares a rank of all the students who have qualified the DEET and final selection is done on the basis of the rank obtained in the entrance examination.
- IGNOU : Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers distance learning courses among which the MBA Distance Learning Course is the most popular one. The MBA course offered is of 2.5 to 8 years. One can to complete all the requirements for the degree in this 8 years only.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Candidates from General Category must have scored 50 % in Graduation and Candidates from Reserved Category must have scored 45 % in Graduation.
- Candidates need to qualify the OPENMAT ManagementA Aptitude Test conducted by IGNOU.
The total fee to be paid for distance MBA at IGNOU is 31,500 INR.
- AMITY UNIVERSITY : Amity Distance Learning is certainly a good choice for MBA Distance Course.Moreover, it has been ranked No.1 University for pursuing distance MBA by Times of India. The MBA Course duration is of 2 years.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Student must be a graduate from a recognized university with 10+2+3 pattern. 40% marks in graduation level is also required.
Amity University Distance MBA fee is Rs.1,51,800/- INR. Also, there is a scholarship for the students. Students who secure more than 60% marks are eligible to get scholarship.
Hope it helps!! :)
I am looking for distance education from M B A apparels please help me.
If Distance education MBA is pursued from a validand authentic university, it is valid for any sector, public or private. ... A main concern of student pursuing a distance education MBA is the value of the degree when comes to employment opportunities.
- Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning (SCDL)
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- ICFAI University.
- Sikkim Manipal University.
- Annamalai University.
- Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management.
- Amity University.
- Lovely Professional University.
What is the first month salary for apparel management
Hey Gokul Kannan,
In any field you can expect high salary packages or first month salary in huge numbers. In order to achieve the huge numbers you should have enough skills or experience. Anyways the basic or salary for Apparel management is around 3.5 lakhs to 4 lakhs per annum!
Apparel management course detail and available colleges
- Apparel Merchandising and Retail Management
- Apparel Production Management
- Fashion Analysis and Forecasting
- Global Retailing
- Global Sourcing in Textiles & Apparel
- Merchandise Planning and Control
- Principles of Management
- Textile Industrial Complex
Colleges- Institute Of Apparel Management, Gurgaon.
All the best.