Some institutes also select students based on their scores in various entrance examinations such as the JEE, NCHMCT-JEE etc. or other university level/ college level entrance tests.These are the few best colleges of India-
Oberoi Centre for Learning & Development, New Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition (IHM), Mumbai
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Nutrition, Pusa, New Delhi
- Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA), Manipal
- Institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata
- Institute of Hotel Management, Chennai
- 1.School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University (Ithaca, NY)USA
- 2William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration, University of Nevada at Las Vegas (Las vegas, NV)USA
- 3The School of Hospitality Business, Michigan State UniversityUSA
- 4Ecole htelire de Lausanne (EHL) Switzerland
- 5Rosen College of Hospitality Management, University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL) USA
- 6Les Roches International School of Hotel ManagementSwitzerland
- 7Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management,University of HoustonUSA
- 8Fritz Knoebel School of Hospitality Management at the Daniels College of Business, University of DenverUSA
- 9Glion Institute of Higher Education Switzerland
- 10Stout School of Hospitality Leadership, University of WisconsinUSA
Hotel management is a highly job oriented field; it covers a wide range of services including food service, accommodation, and catering. After completing the course there are various job opportunities for the student to work with large hotel chains including the Taj group, ITC, Oberoi hotels, Hilton group etc. There is a huge demand of skilled professionals in the merchant navy and cruise ship. So if you are looking for a career in hotel management than it could be a good decision, but choose the best institute because the chances of employment is generally higher from the top institute.
In India, you can always consider the IHM's ; they are government backed and have excellent industry tie-ups. Admission is mostly by a joint entrance exam. It is always better to get a full fledged recognized degree for your future rather than opt for dilpomas, certificate courses offered by many institutes. With rapid globalization, the Hotel industry is booming the world over. If you have the will and monetary resources, you can also apply abroad for some programs. Admissions are mostly direct where you have to apply directly to the website. The advantage would be that you will get to work abroad in mostly well paid jobs.
You can see some programs abroad. Sharing the link
All the best!!