medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is an entrance test for admissions into medical schools in the United States, Canada, Australia and Carribean Islands . It is designed by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and administered by Pearson VUE. MCAT is conducted 25 times in a year in 21 countries.
MCAT Registration (https://collegedunia.com/exams/mcat#3) is available throughout the year. Each attempt at MCAT costs between $315 – 360, depending upon the region. MCAT assesses a candidate’s analysis, reasoning, psychological skills and knowledge of biological systems.
- Candidates must apply for a medical school and mention the same in a verification statement during registration.
- To take a test for purposes other than attending a medical school; one must get special permission from AAMC.
- Candidates can take a maximum of 3 tests in a one year period; 4 tests over a period of 2 years; and 7 tests in life. Check MCAT Exam Pattern (https://collegedunia.com/exams/mcat#1)
- The online test consists of four sections to be attempted in 7.5 hours .
- The overall MCAT Scores (https://collegedunia.com/exams/mcat#4) range lies between 472 – 528 .
there is no role of MCAT marks in securing admission in Pharm . D programme.
Pharmacy is a separate discipline for which admissions are NOT done by MCAT. MCAT make you eligible for medicine as well as the following streams.
- Podiatric and
- Veterinary medicine
For a higher education in Pharmacy/pharmacy related subjects, you are required to submit your GRE scores. Please visit the link to know more about GRE Test .
Hope this helps you
Feel free to ask any question
All the best for your future