can a student persuing B.Tech IT 7th semester is eligible for CAT 2020 in November?
CAT 2020 Eligibility: Academic Qualification
- Candidate should have completed his/her Bachelor’s degree program in any stream from a recognized university or have an equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Ministry of HRD, India.
- For general and NC-OBC category candidates, the minimum percentage required in the bachelor’s degree is 50%.
- Candidates from the reserved categories must attain a minimum aggregate percentage of 45% in the bachelor's program.
- For candidates who are awarded grades or CGPA, the conversion of grades or CGPA will be according to the process certified by the university/ institute.
- Candidates in the final year of the program or awaiting their results can also apply.(Note: In such cases, a candidate will have to submit a certificate issued by Principal/Registrar of the College/Institution latest by June 30, 202. The certificate should state that the candidate has completed the requirements of the course.)
All the best!
Yes , you can appear for CAT examination . The eligibility criteria for CAT is a graduation ,although final year students of various bachelor's degree courses can also take the test . But , students will be admitted into a course only if they clear their graduation with at least 50% marks .
To apply for the CAT exam. You must pursuing a bachelor's degree or any other degree.
So that you have to apply after the completion of your Bachelor's degree.
- Students should have passed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree from any recognized university or college.
- In graduation, candidates should have obtained minimum 50% marks for general candidates and 45% marks for SC, ST & PwD/DA candidates.
- The percentage of marks secured by students will be calculated on the basis of practice followed by the college/university from where candidates have obtained the bachelor’s degree.
- Students appearing in the final year of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification are also eligible to apply.
- Students appearing in the qualifying exam are required to produce certificate from the principal/registrar of their college stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification
Hope it helps
Thank you :)