Can u please tell me the eligible criteria and the number of attempts per person to qualify gate. And the expected cut off for 2021.
There is no number of attempts for GATE exam. You can appear in the exam any number of times provided you must fulfill the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria is as follows
- Candidates must have passed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology after 10+2 or
- Candidates must have passed 5 year Bachelor’s degree in Architecture/Naval Architecture (4-year course)/Planning (4-year course) or
- Must have passed B.Sc(Research)/BS or Post Diploma in Science or
- Must have passed Post - B.Sc.Integrated Master’s degree programme in Engineering/ Technology or
- Must have passed Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent or
- Must have passed Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/ Technology or
- Must have passed Integrated M.Sc. or Five years integrated B.S.-M.S. programme or
- Students registered in courses equivalent to B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch from Professional Societies after May 31, 2013 and meets other eligibility criteria are also eligible to apply.
There is no age limit. Cut off is subject-specific. Each discipline has different cut off. Cut off changes every year. You have not mentioned the branch in which you are studying. Cut off depends in total number of candidates appeared in that particular paper, difficulty of exam, highest score etc. It will be less or more same like. Here is the link through which you can check the cut off in 2020 for each branch