Commencing your CAT preparation involves building a solid foundation in fundamental concepts. This emphasis is particularly essential for quant, while it's relatively less crucial for VARC, DI, and LR, where consistent practice from the outset is more beneficial.
To kickstart your preparation, your first step should be to attempt a CAT mock test. Take this mock test right at the beginning of your preparation journey. It will provide an initial assessment of your current proficiency level and help gauge the amount of effort required to reach your target percentile.
Following this, set a goal to dedicate 10 days to thoroughly cover the fundamentals of Quantitative Aptitude. You can achieve this by studying from a reputable Quantitative Aptitude book or by utilizing study materials provided by a well-known coaching institute. Covering the basics entails working through the solved examples in the chosen resource.
I hope this answer your question.
Good afternoon ,
I am hoping that you are absolutely fine and doing well. As per your mentioned query , preparing for CAT exam is not an easy task. I am mentioning some tips that will help you in your studies.
- First prepare the time table in which make slots for individual subjects
- Don't start with a new topic as new topic take too much time so it is better to practice or cover those concepts from which you are familiar with.
- Do revision weekly as revision is very important to remember the concepts that you have learnt.
- Try to give mock test daily so that you can increase your speed and you have an idea of pattern of paper.
- Try to analyse your mistakes and work on it.
- Take healthy diet as it is very important to active your mind .
To know more tips , kindly go through the given link :
I hope this helps !!
Know More about
Your Common Admission Test brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id “”.