How to get admission in NTPC school of business and what's the placement opportunities
NTPC School of Business (NSB) is a premier B-school in the country. It also offers PGDM program with a specialization in Energy Management with academic support of IIM Ahmedabad. Admission is offered in two rounds. For PGDM in Energy Management, a candidate must pass Bachelor’s degree in BE/B.Tech/B.Sc./B.Com/CA/ICWA etc. or equivalent degree with at least 50% marks. Admission to PGDM and PGDM Executive is done on the basis of CAT/GMAT/XAT score . Final selection is done is on the basis of Admission Score (AS) and Personal Assessment (PA). To get into PGDM Executive, the candidate must have passed a Bachelor’s degree/CA/ICWA with at least 50% marks or equivalent. The college is assisted by IIM Ahmedabad so the placements and internship offers for students are fairly good. For further information about the college, you can check out the link below. Good Luck!
Hi Alka Rani, as per your query for the admission in NTPC all the candidates who have applied to NSB and meet the minimum eligibility criteria as shown in the below table are eligible for Personnel Assessment (PA). The criteria for short-listing of candidates will be based on various factors like the applicant's profile, the distribution of CAT/XAT/GMAT scores etc. However, a minimum eligibility criterion does not imply a call for the PA.
Category CAT Overall Percentile XAT Overall Percentile GMAT Score
General 80 80 650
NC-OBC 75 75 630
SC/ST 70 70 600
PwD 65 65 550
Legend: Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Non-creamy Other Backward Castes (NC-OBC), Persons with disabilities (PWD)
Note: Candidates selected in different reservation categories will be in proportions mandated by law
• NSB reserves the right to make changes in the short-listing and selection criteria if considered necessary at any point.
The commencement of both programmes will be 13th August 2019.
Eligibility Criteria PGDM (EM)
• The candidates must have a minimum of 3 years Bachelor’s degree, like B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc/ B.Com/CA/ICWA etc or any other equivalent degree, with at least 50% marks or CGPA (in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ Differently Abled(DA) or Persons with Disabilities(PWD) category, this is related to 45%), from a recognized board or university.
• Candidates appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. (This subject to fulfilment of above criteria latest by 30th June 2019).
• For admission to PGDM (EM), candidates will be assigned Admission Score (AS) based on their performance in CAT/GMAT/XAT, performance in graduation, experience in energy/power/oil sector and educational background.
• Shortlisted candidates based on the AS will be called for Personal Assessment (PA).
• Final selection will be made strictly on the basis of final scores consisting AS and PA Scores.
Now telling about the placement opportunities of NTPC School of Business (NSB), it has experienced accelerated growth in academics in just four years of its commencement. Since then, NSB was offering PGDM (Executive) to candidates from the energy sector, sponsored by their employers. The demand for Energy Management resulted in direct initiation of a two-year PGDM (Energy Management) programme, with curtailed efforts by NTPC Education and Research Society and mentorship of IIM Ahmedabad, approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). In addition to this, NSB has also started offering AICTE approved Executive PGDM to self-sponsored candidates who want to behold their career acceleration in the energy sector. Higher growth rates and increasing recognition as an emerging institution offering specialization in energy management have attracted many first-time recruiters to the institute. Therefore the placement opportunities are high here and you can take admission .