Jessy latest Group Discussion Topics 2018 in MBA admission can be based on Current affairs, fact-based, Social, Economy, or can be an abstract Group Discussion Topic.
- Expected GD topics 2018 on Business & Economy are Budget Cycle Change: Only a move of convenience; Bank Recapitalization: NPA reduction and not bank recapitalization can cure the health of PSBs in India.
- Some of the expected GD topics in 2018 on Current Affairs are End of subsidy regime: Step needed to propel the wheel of growth; War Kashmir Crisis: War not dialogue will end the Crisis?; Terrorism: Is this the price we have to pay for democracy?; Linking of Aadhaar: Is making Aaadhar mandatory a good idea?
- Some of the abstract Topics for GD are: Black or Grey, Work - life balance, Famous or Important? Roses are red, crows are black, Water or Oxygen, East or West – India is the best, Patience: A virtue in business and management? Friends, Enemy or Frenemies?
- Some of the expected GD topics on Social Issues are: Beti Bachao Beti Padhao: Will it abolish the orthodox mindset?; Law should be an instrument of Social Change.
In GD make sure you come up with atleast 2-3 strong points, don't argue with anyone on any point because it's a group discussion. Try to lead the group discussion, give chance to the person who is not able to speak up till now. Also be a good listener and the most important try to make your group reach some conclusion.
Jessy, there are no specific questions for any b-school's interview. All the interviews are totally conversation based and it depends on you how you drive the interview. By looking at the form which you must have filled up for each college or by looking at your CV, interviewers generally start the conversation on a lighter note. Then it completely depends on you how you are going to end up your answer. Because the next question is mostly asked the point or keyword at which you ended up your last answer.
If you are going to leave your last answer as open-ended then interviewer can ask you the next question related to anything in this world. So the best thing is to end up your answer on such a key term of which you are very well aware. That thing should be your strong point because most likely the next question will be on it and you will be able to answer it confidently and accurately fetching you brownie points. If you continue this procedure then no-one can stop you from getting admission to the college.
Now if you talk about preparation then you need to keep up with the following points:
- Most important know yourself very well. You need to prepare the answer to maximum HR questions and be thorough with every answer so that you can answer each question confidently and fluently. Every b-school looks for a business leader in each candidate so this being confident and able to handle the tough situation is very very important.
- The second thing is while preparing every answer never answer only keywords like - I am good at leading a team. Make sure for every quality you have an example with you like I am good at leading team and successfully lead an XYZ club during my graduation with a team of 10 members. Every quality point will be only valid when you are going to justify it.
- One most important thing you should be clear about your career goals and aim because they always check whether you are doing MBA only for getting a good job or you are actually interested in management
- Next thing is to make sure you prepare very well for basic Maths especially probability and P&C. Almost in every IIM/ other b-school interviews in which I appeared asked me maths questions
- Next thing is to go through your CV very well. By well I mean if you have written your hobby as football then you should know in deep about football because they are going to drill you badly on that topic. So prepare very well for it.
- Now If you are a fresher than make sure you prepare very well for your academics. Choose 2-3 subjects of a different stream and prepare very well for it because they ask you which subject you like and then they will ask you questions about it
- If you have work experience then make sure you know deeply about all the work you have done. It doesn't need to be related to management field. Whatever it is you make sure you know it very well. And if you have work experience <=1 year then remember most of the b-schools treats you as a fresher so don't forget to prepare for your academics also.
- Next thing is also to prepare about a business leader whom you follow, prepare some of the online puzzles - many times same question is asked in the interview, you can get a lot of puzzles online with solutions
- Also make sure you are updated with the current news not only in the business field but also about politics, govt. policies, sports, the world almost everything. And also keep you aware of some of the general knowledge things like noble prize winner, RBI Governer name etc.
- Also, keep yourself with all the latest news related to your graduation stream in both technological and business stream
See there is no limit for questions that can be asked in any b-school interview but as I said earlier be confident and drive the interview with your answers. That thing only helped me a lot to successfully clear my interview with IIM Kozhikode.
In the end, speak calmly with confidence, don't hesitate or try not to get stuck anywhere, It's better to ask a few seconds time think about the answer, arrange it and then speak rather than answering in an unorganised way which creates a wrong impression
Feel free to ask if you have any more queries. All the best!!