I will tell you the best preparation strategy for GATE Exam -
- Firstly, you have start your preparation as early as possible that is by the end of the 1st semester of your 2nd year.
- Join a coaching institute because I personally think that preparation gor a National level exam cannot be done at home.
- Be crystal clear with all the concepts and practise all types of problems.
- Get used to with the exam pattern of GATE by writing weekend tests.
- Focus more on high weightage topics.
- Make a timetable and studyplan and live upto it.
- Practise a lot of sample papets before your main exam.
For more info regarding tips and strategies for preparation of GATE Exam go through this link-
You can either join any reputed coaching center like ACE, MADE EASY etc or you can do self study by buying good textbooks and prepare for theory then you can make short notes and solve as many questions as possible then solve previous year question papers which will help you to increase your speed of solving questions which is really important for GATE check the syllabus and buy text books accordingly