I am a civil engineering student currently studying in 2nd year, which book should I prepare for a sharp overall preparation of GATE exam?
Here are some of the books which will hep you for the prep of GATE CE(Civil Engineering):
- Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications by Kenneth Rosen
- Higher Engineering mathematics by B.S. Grewal
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics by Erwin Kreyszig
- Theory of Structure by CK Wang, S. Rammamrutham, L.S. Negi & Jangit
- Theory of Elasticity by Timoshenko & Gere
- Theory of Structure by Wilbur & Norris
- Strength of Materials/Mechanics of Structure by Gare & Timoshenko,E. Popove, L. Singer,B.C. Punamia, Rammamrutham
- Soil Mechanics by Gopal Ranjan & Rao,Venkat Ramaiha,S. K. Garg,B.C. Punamia, V N S Murthy
Water Resources Engineering
- Water Resources by S K Garg
- Water and Waste Water by SK Garg 1 and 2
- Fluid Mechanics- RK Bansal and Fox and Richard
- Transportation by Justo Khanna
- Environmental Engineering by S. K. Garg Part I & Part II
- Waste Water Engineering by B. C. Punamia Part I & Part II
- Surveying (vol. 1,2,3) by B.C.Punia, Ashok Jain, Arun Jain
For more details, I would suggest you to visit the career360's link given below which has a deatailed explanation of all tha info related to GATE CE.
The link fror the same is:https://engineering.careers360.com/articles/what-are-best-books-for-gate-civil-engineering
Hope this helps and all the very best to you!