If you want to become IAS officer then 1 St you will have to complete your graduation,after which you can apply for the UPSC cse examination.
How to start preparing for IAS?
First thing you have to do is make your basics very strong ,here basics means you have to know each and everything about general studies.for this you can study NCERT books of class 11 th & 12 th of economics, political science, geography,& history. After study these books you will be able to know which subject you like the most. Do your graduation from the subject you like the most .you can do you graduation in any subject you want to do.
During your graduation you can simultaneously focus on your IAS preparation. In last year of your graduation you can join some online test series to boost your preparation. Hope this will helpful.thanks
Well, this is a very good time for afresh start for upsc preparation along with your graduation.
Step 1 - Basics:
- If you are doing graduation with the stream which can help in #Optional seubject of UPSC than its helpfull for eg. Political science or Geography.
- During graduation you will be covering basic concepts of Geography, History, Polity, Economy, Environment, Sci and Tech, Arts and Culture etc from NCERTs.
Step 2 - Standard books:
- After your 2nd year of graduation(considering 3rd as final year of your graduation) you can start reading standard books (you can choose books by refering to IAS toppers talk on internet.) and going into more depth than basics.
Step 3 - Revision and Practice:
- In the last phase of your graduation or UPSC preparation, you will have conceptual clarity of each and every topic and optional also( If optional is not your graduation related subject then start of 3rd year or 1 year before upsc you should give), so at peak of your upsc preparation just before some months of exam you can Revise what you have read earlier and Practice questions through test series available online or offline so that you will get idea of questions coming in UPSC prelims exam.
- CSAT or Prelims Paper-2 should not be ignored, it need some practice before exam which you can manage by solving Previous year’s question paper and if you will still facing problem then can check online classes for free for concepts required in CSAT.
Its depend on your strength and weaknesses at last that how much time you are giving to particular subject.
All the best!