Counselling in India occurs on both state and national levels. The private institutions do not participate in the All India Counselling and depend on State Counselling only. For being eligible for State Counselling, you also need to have a domicile of the state. After the NEET merit list is released, you need to register for State/All India Counselling. There are three rounds of counselling-
- Round 1
- Round 2
- Mop Up Round
After registering and payment, you need to select colleges that you want to attend. If you get the seat you may either join the college or go for the other rounds.
For Document Verification during counselling, you would need the following documents-
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Score Card/Rank Letter
- Class 10th marksheet and certificate (for date of birth)
- Class 12th marksheet and certificate
- ID Proof (Aadhar Card/ PAN card/ Driving License/ Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For an even more detailed article please follow the link
Step by step procedure of NEET counselling-
Step 1: Registration of Counselling
The steps involved in NEET Counselling Registration are as follows:
Step I: Visit the official website of MCC and click on ‘New Registration’.
Step II: Log on to the MCC website and click on ‘Candidate login’.
Step III: Enter your Roll Number and Password.
Step IV: You will be redirected to a new page where you will have to enter details like Name, Roll No., Registration No., Mother’s Name, Contact No., etc. When you’re done, click on ‘Submit’.
Step V: After this, you will be shown all your details as per the NTA database. Verify the information and click on ‘Confirm Registration’. A Registration Slip will be generated. Candidates are advised to save this page.
Step 2: NEET Counselling Fee Payment
After successful registration, candidates are asked to submit refundable and non-refundable NEET 2020 counselling fee. The fee can be paid through an online medium like Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
Step 3: Exercising Option Entry and Locking
- In this step, candidates are required to submit preferences.
- You can view the list of colleges on the screen and fill as many choices as you want.
- Post filling the choices in the list
- Once you’re done, enter your password and click on ‘Lock Choices’.
- Candidates are not allowed to make any changes after locking their choices
- After locking, they can take a printout of the locked choices
Step 4: Release of Seat Allotment Result
MCC releases seat allotment result after each round of counselling. Candidates must report to the allloted colleges with the allotment letter and other documents to finish admission process