NIFT entrance exam is for getting admission is the national institute Institute of Fashion Technology. NIFT has almost 16 campuses all over India and is a leader in Fashion technology courses in India.
The NIFT exam has three parts creative Ability Test (CAT), General ability test (GAT) and Situation Test.
Creative ability test is for 3 hours in which your designing skills and your innovative ideas are tested, this exam is done with paper and pencil.
General ability test (GAT)in which the Analytical ability, General knowledge and English comprehension is tested, this exam is for 2 hours So having a good English proficiency and solving Quantitative analytical questions will help you to get good marks in NIFT exam.
After this test, the shortlisted candidates have to appear for situation test in which creative development, innovative ideas of a product has to be explained and the skills of a candidate will be closely evaluated.
so if you study hard by doing previous year question papers and practising the creative skills exam will be easy for you.
Just give your best for it rest will follow.
Hope you get it, If you have any doubts please do comment. Thank you
The difficulty of the exam really depends on your preparation. If you are determined and prepared, you will surely ace it. Here are some tips for you to prepare better.
TIPS FOR PREPARATION
1. To get a hang of the question paper pattern, solve the previous year papers and mock tests. This would also help you assess your own preparation and the variations in difficulty levels in the entrance exam. The paper basically has two parts- Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) and General Aptitude Test (GAT)
CAT measures the intuition skills, observation skills, concept development and design ability of the candidate. Your colour and illustration skills will also be evaluated in this to measure as the test says creativity or creative aptitude.
GAT comprises the academic subjects, i.e., Mathematics (class 10th level), Reasoning, English Language and Comprehension. It also consists of GK, current affairs and the knowledge of fashion industry.
English consists of grammar, syntax, synonyms, antonyms, idioms and phrases, spot the error, sentence correction, analogies, fill in the blanks, spelling errors, one word substitution and arranging the sentences or passages in the correct order.
Reasoning consists of verbal and non-verbal series, coding-decoding, cubes and dices, directions, ranking, calendar, sitting arrangement, clocks, eligibility criteria, line counting, graph, syllogism, puzzles, blood relations and related things.
GK and Current Affairs section apart from the static GK and current affairs, also consists of your knowledge of the fashion industry. You should be thorough with TV endorsements and their taglines, brands, logos, celebrities, Miss Universe, Miss World, fashion terminology, entertainment events and the ongoing trends in fashion. Other than that, be thorough with current affairs consisting of the political, economic and social situation and also with sports, culture and history.
Mathematics consists of the number system, ratio and proportion, ages, profit and loss, speed time, mixtures and allegations, pipes and cisterns, work time, simple interest, compound interest, averages, mensuration, set theory, trigonometry, upstream & downstream, height and distance, permutation and combination and probability.
2. The number of the questions are divided as follows:
English Comprehension- 25 questions
Quantitative ability- 20 questions
Communication ability- 25 questions
Analytical ability- 15 marks
GK and current affairs- 15 marks
If you are giving the paper for B.F.Tech the weightage of GAT is 100% but for B.Des. the weightage of GAT is 30%, of CAT is 20% and of Situation Test is 20%.
3. Fix your goals and objectives and how you will prepare for the exam. If you keep brushing up your knowledge and keep practicing, you will be able to crack the exam.
4. Sketching is a very important part of the test. Observe a lot, challenge yourself, take inspiration and make your own renditions of the objects around you and objects of your imagination. The more you practice, the more better your sketches will get visually and conceptually too. Try to use your eraser at the least. try to add intricate details to them with nuances and minute observations.
5. Learn different styles of lettering or calligraphy, to add more points.
6. Improve your speed. You will have a limited time to answer your questions, so you do your work fast and at its best. Try to express your uniqueness and imagination in the given time frame.
Hope this helps and all the best!
NIFT Sample Paper
Download Free Sample Paper for NIFT