GPAT 2021 is to be conducted on 22nd/27th February, so starting from today there is one and half month left, if your concepts are clear, preparation will be comparatively easier, to start with get acquainted with the exam pattern and the syllabus, GPAT is conducted for a duration of three hours in MCQs format in English only, the syllabus includes topics such as Pharmacology, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Biotechnology, Pathophysiology, Physical Chemistry, Physical Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy, Microbiology, Pharmacognosy, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence,Pharmaceutical Management,Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Biochemistry ,the entrance test has 125 questions with each carrying four marks, there is negative marking scheme, for each wrong attempt one mark is to be deducted. you can check out the detailed syllabus at https://gpat.nta.nic.in/WebInfo/File/GetFile?FileId=6&LangId=P
First step towards preparation of any exam is to be well acquainted with the syllabus and paper pattern which I have already mentioned above, some of the most recurring questions have come from topics such as mass and nmr spectrometry, uv,rv which you can get to know in more detailed manner by going through the previous year papers at https://pharmacy.careers360.com/articles/gpat-question-papers, focus on building your your basics strong along with practice numerical on a regular basis as questions often comes from these areas, and with regular practice you can also fetch more marks, you can also make short notes on formulae, as only one and half month is left, it's better you start your preparation from today only ,make a time table and accordingly assign number of hours to cover each topic.
Some of the recommended books for GPAT are as follows;
- The Pearson Guide to GPAT and Other Entrance Examination in Pharmacy;Pearson Education by Akaberi Shah Baser.
- Compete Pharma (A Guide For Preparation Of GPAT/NIPER/BITS/CEEB/CET And Other Pharma Competitive Exams); AITBS Publishers by Tarun Kumar Das,
- Synopsis for GPAT;Dhawan Book Publication by Dr. Surendra H. Bodakhe, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Prof. Vijay Juyal, Dr. Munish Ahuja,
- GPAT: A Companion-Career Publications by Nazma N. Inamdar,
- GPAT Cracker (2017) ; Piyush Book Publications by Dr. Sanjar Alam and others.
You can go through previous year paper of GPAT by visiting our page at https://pharmacy.careers360.com/articles/gpat-question-papers