May i know what all are the scope and opportunities for M.A History in Future?
History is a great domain and a great base to study each and every subject . Here i would like to give range of carrer options if you choose history,
1.Museum Curator: If art interests you and you possess good organizational skills, then after completing your graduation you can do specialization in Museology at your master’s level and apply for a job in a museum as a curator. As a museum curator, you would have to do research, collect objects of historical artifacts and display them in a museum to make the public aware of their existence and their importance. For example, The National Museum Institute (New Delhi) offers Masters in Museology.
2. Archaeology: This branch deals with the discovery and analysis of ancient artifacts, such as items used in everyday life of people in different civilizations; Household Utensils, Jewelry, Musical or Medical equipment, etc.
3. Historian: The main focus of a historian’s job is to research and study the history of the past and be able to communicate the events through published works. In order to become a historian, you must first earn your bachelor’s degree in history, and then pursue Master’s in a specific areas such as Political History, Military History, religious history, food history , medical history etc
4.Teacher/ Lectureship: If this subject interest and you would like to share your knowledge with others, then after completing your graduation you can pursue a B.Ed which will make you eligible to teach students in school. If you wish to teach at the university level, you will have to complete your Master’s and then clear the NET examination.
5.Government organization: A number of people choose History as a subject at the graduation level in order to have an edge in the Public Service Commission examinations. Graduation with honors in History paves your way to different government jobs such as SSC, UPSC or IBPS/Bank PO, etc. after clearing their respective examinations.
hope it helped.
An M.A. in History can land you good jobs and amazing opportunities in the future if you do it right.
- Historian- You can be a certified historian and research on ancient artifacts
- Professor- History teachers are well paid in India within government institutions.
- Subject Matter Expert- You can be a particular subject expert in history and contribute to that field.
- Auctioneer- You can work with auction houses if you have an interest in arts and culture.
And there's plenty more.