You should go for following books for ssc chsl :-
- Objective English by S.P Bakshi:- This book gives an insight into topics like Sentence Formation, Tenses, Phrases, Punctuation and many more. The book has been divided into four sections in which Section A brushes up the general grammar of the reader, Sections B improve the verbal ability and Section C and D further deals with practical grammar and its application under various circumstance.
- Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal:-This book has the maximum number of questions for practice along with their solutions and solved examples in order to bring out the best from each topic. The books deal with various topics such as Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding, Data Sufficiency, Arguments, Statements and many more, that helps the aspirants reach their desired target
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey:-The book has been divided into two segments , namely, Reasoning based on Logic and Reasoning based on Rules . Topics like Evaluating Inferences, Forcefulness of Arguments and Assumptions are found on the Reasoning based on Logic segment . Whereas, topics such as Syllogism, Input-Output Miscellaneous, Problem Solving, and Analytical Decision are covered in the Reasoning based on Rules segment . Every chapter in the book deals with important points, detailed explanation and consists of practice questions at the end so as to help the aspirants in thorough revision.
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe:- This enriched book is in itself a comprehensive package that helps aspirants sail through the pressure of exam with ease. The book combines together various types of Reasoning and General Intelligence questions for the candidates. Along with sections on Data Evaluation and Application, Quantitative Comparisons and Data Sufficiency, the book also consists of mock test papers for the aspirants to practice and revise.
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M. Tyra:- The book has been exclusively sectioned into different chapters and their clear introduction on various mathematical topics. Formulae and the integral derivations that aid in a quick understanding of the concept are also provided. The book also features past years solved questions and there remains a list of probable questions that are solved with proper illustrations towards the end of the book.
- General Knowledge by Lucent:- This book keeps an aspirant well updated with the recent affairs and instill in great general awareness on the banking and economic environment of India.