please give me detail information about facilities of IAS officer and please tell me IAS officer have chance to studying abroad. if yes then give me information .
- IAS officers are entitled to a duplex bungalow in a (VVIP) restricted zone of the state capital they are deployed in. This benefit is enjoyed by them irrespective of their posting in any some other district/commissionerate or the Headquarters. A rent free accommodation is given to the Officer where he has to pay 1200-2000 per month that is like nothing or free. ALONG with the big house he is also given with gardeners, cooks and house helpers by the government.
- The electricity bill of IAS officer house is paid by the government. In the era of so costly electricity he can run free electricity without any tension of its bill.
- A vehicle is provided to the IAS officer for official and personal use. Yes, one should not use official vehicle for their personal use, but somehow it is fine to use it .
- Officers are provided with security guards for themselves and even their family. In case of a life threat, they can even get STF commandoes for their protection.
- officers can also go for study leaves for 2 years. They can even undergo courses at reputed foreign universities. The cost of such courses will be undertaken by the government. Of course, there are restrictions on this facility. Only officers who have completed 7 years of service (6 years for North-East Cadres) are allowed this facility. They should also sign a bond that they would serve the government in their capacity as IAS officers for a certain number of years after they return.
Hope it helps.