Kannada is a language widely spoken in the state of Karnataka. UPSC aspirants who have a good knowledge of Kannada can choose this as their optional subject fo the IAS examination.
Here I am giving you a list for Kannanda literature books for optional paper-2,
- Bettada Jeeva - Shivarama Karanth.
- Madhavi- Arupama Niranjana.
- Odalaala - Devanuru Mahadeva.
- Janapada SWaroopa - Dr. H. M. Nayak.
- Janapriya Kanakasamputa - D. G. Javare Gowda.
- Kannada Janapada Kathegalu _ J. S. Paramashivaiah.
- Kannada Sanna Kathegalu - G. H. Nayak.
Here the books for Optional Paper 1 -
- Linguistic History of Kannada Language - M. H. Krishnaiah.
- Kannada Bhasha Shastra - R. Y. Dharwadkar.
- Kannada Sahitya Chritre - R. S. Mugali.
Hope these will help you.