Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) is a five years undergraduate program that is a bachelor's degree in architecture, the minimum eligibility criteria to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed class 12th with atleast 50% marks where PCM are compulsory subjects, the admission in most of the college in India is entrance exam based.
The average fee of the course in India in most of the Colleges is 4-8 lacs, candidate should have cleared NATA (national Aptitude test for architecture) with atleast 80% marks.
The basic steps to get admission in b.arch are:
1. Visit the admin office of instute to get the admission form or visit the website of the institute.
2. Fill the application form, upload all the documents in the prescribed format.
3. Pay the Registration fee. (If any)
4. Take the printout of form.
5. Give any architecture entrance exam.
6. If you get shortlisted in the entrance exam, you will be called out for counselling, if selected, then you will get the admission.
Top b.Arch Colleges in India:
1. IIT Roorkee, Roorkee
2. Sir JJ college of Architecture
3. Jamia millia Islamia, Delhi
4. Birla institute of technology mesra, Ranchi
5. University of Mysore, Mysuru
6. Jawaharlal Nehru architecture and fine arts University, Hyderabad
7. School of planning and architecture, Vijayawada
8. BMS College of Architecture, Bangalore
Hope this helps, all the best.
As to get admission in arch there are two most popular undergraduate level architecture entrance exam through which you can take admission in best architecture colleges.
1. NATA( national aptitude test for architecture)
2. JEE main (paper ll)
Hope it helps.
All the best.