2. Homesickness can cause adapting and adjusting to the place a bit difficult. The culture shock throws off a lot of students due to the major differences in the lifestyle.
3. If you’re not well versed in English and plan to study in US, UK, etc, you might feel a bit out of place when it comes to communicating with your professors or fellow colleagues.
Studying abroad is not as daunting as everyone may make it sound like. If you do think you have enough financial help, make the bold move and I’m sure you will manage yourself. Good luck!
Hi aspirant, Studying abroad is too costly .For Bachelor degree fee (4 yr) = 95.2 lakh (private universities); 40 lakh (public universities) for MS degree fee (2 yr) = 48 lakh average.
For study abroad the travel cost is too expensive. If you want to study in germany you will get free education, some bachelor degree collage give scholarship, if you are extremely good student you have high percentage in board then you will get scholarship from government and top universities also give scholarship like cambridge university, oxford, harvard, mit.
Hope you get the point.
If you have decided to head overseas for education 1. HOMESICK - Eventually you ll get along but at the beginning you will feel fish out of water as the entire atmosphere would be different from the native country , especially for introverts.
2.Food habits : It ll be difficult to adapt to the eating habits and one has to learn to cook and it might be difficult for vegeterians and eating outside might cause nutrition loss.
3.Sometimes GROUPISM, RACISM might be major problems.
4.Expensive: Money plays a major role in everything , if you have constraints you should choose INDIA there will be lot of expenses from travelling , food to accomodation and fees in India (of good institutes) will be only half of what you spend abroad and the scholarships though available very competitive and covers only half of expenses. (Riskness of taking student loan - there might be delay in employment.)
5. You might have many barriers in sense of time, communication etc.
Abroad studies has its own advantages too its upto self decision to choose what would be right for you and your career.
all the best .
There are many disadvantage of studying abroad -
- Feeling homesick and lonley.
- Food-It is the main concern no matter how hard you try to adapt to the food there,it doesn't fill you sense .
- Expensive- The cost of living elsewhere rather than at home can be huge and you will have to consider Worth it at last .
- Many colleges in India have collaborated with the universities abroad to give an overview to a student.
Hope it helps .