What are the rules for type 1 diabetics attempting ctet? Are they allowed to carry medication and other stuff ? as they are permitted to do in board exams.
When there is emergency of medical conditions, with proper prescription, the exam coordinator will allow your medications under certain rules and regulations.
As your condition comes under serious medical complications, they'll definitely allow you to take your meds along with you.
To know more about the exam -
You already know what are the precautions one should take during such medical conditions, but I would still like to point out some -
1. Keep your blood pressure and cholestrol level under control.
2. Take care of your teeth. Gum infections may make you more susceptible to diabetes. Use fluoride toothpaste at least twice a day, floss once a day , and make appoinments for dental checkups atleast twice a year. If your gums bleed, appear red or swollen, call your dentist .
3. Pay attention to your feet.
High blood sugar levels can harm your feet's nerves and reduce blood flow. Cuts and blisters can cause serious infections if left untreated. Your feet may experience discomfort, tingling, or lack of sensation as a result of diabetes.
To avoid foot issues:
- Use lukewarm water to wash your feet everyday. Do not wet your feet because doing so can cause dry skin.
- Dry your feet dently, paying specific attention to the space in between your toes.
- Apply lotion or petroleum jelly to your ankles and feet to moisturise them. Avoid applying creams or oils between your toes since the extra moisture can cause an infection.
- Every day, look for calluses, blisters, ulcers, redness, and swelling on your feet.
4. Examine taking an aspirin daily.
Your doctor might suggest taking a low dose of aspirin every day to help lower your risk of heart attack and stroke if you have diabetes and other cardiovascular risk factors like smoking or high pressure. The risk of bleeding from taking aspirin may outweigh any potential advantages if you don't have any other cardiovascular risk factors. As well as which aspirin strength would be ideal for you, inquire with your doctor about whether daily aspirin medication is appropriate for you .
Stay safe and All the best!