SAT are Scholastic aptitude test. It is an international test which is widely accepted around various United States college.
SAT is taken usually by high school juniors and seniors in order for them to get into good colleges. The college board states that the SAT measures the student's literacy and writing skills which is required for his academic success in college.
SAT consist of 3 section in total which are critical reading, writing and mathematics. The exam is total of 1600 marks. Total scores are calculated by adding up the marks of the 3 sections. Anything above 1200 is considered as a good score in SAT.
Now how to apply for SAT :-
- The candidates need to register at collegeboard website.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email id.
- Prepare thoroughly for your SAT.
- Take the test on the given date.
- Make sure you carry your pencil and your passport. The passport is the only form of identity they'll accept.
If you're looking to take admission in a particular course then you can give the SAT subject test as well which is a total of 800 marks. These are offered in areas of literature, mathematics, sciences and foreign languages.
However your SAT score will cover only 20% of your application in college the rest will be your extra curricular activities, application essay, your highschool scorecard and letter of recommendation.