Regarding the scope of MBA, then let me walk you through the various opportunities that an MBA graduate will have after receiving an MBA degree,
Banking and Finance Sector
This includes security and investment analysis and also portfolio management. The jobs available are with banks, security firms, insurance companies, and various financial organizations. They require a professional to make right choices about investments. Other related job profiles are in Corporate Treasury, Business Operations and Credit Analysis. These jobs are mostly offered by companies like Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Nomura, RBS, Barclays etc.
For MBA Finance the following are the hot shot profiles
- Cash Managers
- Risk and Insurance Managers
- Credit Managers
- Management Consultants
- Investment Banking Associates and later Investment
- Treasurers and Finance Officers
- Chief Financial Officers supervise all financial and accounting operations, strategies, and policies of the company
MBA in Marketing Management
The marketing department plays a crucial role in any organisation as they are responsible for bringing in new businesses, growing the revenue, increasing market share and contributing to the company’s growth and profitability. Whether your interest area lies in market research or advertising or sales/distribution of FMCG (Fast moving consumer goods), consumer durables or you’d like to work in IT sales, media, marketing of various services, internet marketing, an MBA in marketing will give you the chance to explore jobs in a wide variety of sectors.
It offers a fast paced career with huge number of challenges and growth opportunities. The various domains that a marketeer can work on are listed below,
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG),
- Consumer Durables,
- Market Research,
- Media, Sales & Distribution,
- Services Marketing
MBA marketing prepares and equips an individual to be better prepared for any business criticality. The experience of the marketeers matters the most in Marketing. Who can pursue MBA in marketing,
If an individual has dynamic personality, and is able to convince others based on his communication and influencing skills, marketing management is a dream field for them
The various job profiles that are offered in marketing are,
- Brand Manager,
- Project Manager,
- Sales Manager,
- Marketing Manager,
- Market Research Analyst,
- Area/Regional Manager
MBA in Operations Management
MBA in operations management is a 2 year full time course. The following skills students can find their relevance for MBA in Operations Management,
- Project Management
- Productions /Manufacturing
- Supply Chain Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Materials and Resources
Students in this field are exposed towards various management challenges such as, logistics, supply chain design and supply chain management.
Job roles and Career Opportunities
The popular roles under this field are mentioned below,
- Operations Manager
- Plant Manager
- Process Managers
- Supply Chain Program Manager
- General Operations Manager
- Area Operations Manager
- Inventory Control Manager
- Technical Operations Manager
- Operations Management Engineer
MBA in Information Technology (IT)
Information Technology (IT) or Management Information Systems (MIS) is been emerging as a highly sought-after MBA specialization. Students with IT background (as a software engineer or IT graduate), MBA IT can open up positions like System Analyst, Technical Systems Manager, Technical Consultant, and Business Development Manager and can even lead to the position of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) or Chief Technology Officer (CTO). IT, ecommerce, and related industries often offer good placements to MBA IT graduates.
For MBA IT the following are the high demand profiles
- Business Analyst are required to interact between customer requirements and document them properly for developers
- Business Development Managers prepare presentations for clients and translate technical innovations of a company in terms understandable by a layman
- Sales or ERP Consultant deal with customizing ERP solutions (like SAP) to suit client requirements
- Project Managers are directly involved with implementing a project - right from planning and estimation to managing resources to time management
- QA Managers are responsible for assessing and controlling the quality of the software solutions being provided to clients
- Functional or Process Consultants are required to configure and re-configure processes and chalk out verticals to complete efficient operations within an IT company
MBA in Human Resources (HR)
Human Resource is one of the demanding jobs in the corporate world. Recruitment and Selection of personnel, deciding Compensation of Employee, Training and Development and Performance Appraisals are all decided by an HR manager. Aspirants of MBA in Human Resource can also develop themselves as Industrial Relations Managers in global companies.
Human Resources Management usually deals with internal marketing of a company. How the employees work for and how well they understand HR policies of the firm depends upon HR. India has started noticing a big change in the way people view HR professionals. Salary packages are improving, and educational institutions having specialisation in their Human Resources programmes are getting adequate support from the corporate world.
While each specialisation is superior to each other if we look at them in silos, practically this doesn’t work the way we perceive. Each and every specialisation is interrelated to one another and effective functioning of all of them together can boost a company’s performance to where it actually positioned itself. I recommend that one must carefully consider one’s potential and interest in choosing which specialisation suits him or her the most.
All the very best!!
After completing your MBA you can go for higher education or hang up with a job.
If you want to go for a job here are the jobs after MBA,
- Banking and finance
- data analyst
- Management consulting
- Private equity
- Marketing and Sales
- IT analytics
if you want to go for higher education here are some of the courses you can do,
- Executive MBA
- CISA etc.,
So, you can go however you want. Either with a job or with higher education.
best of luck