Business Analytics is currently one of the hottest buzzwords among corporate and businesses world over. It essentially refers to processes and techniques which convert data into knowledge and insights that drive business decisions. MBA in Business Analytics will help you acquire knowledge and expertise on numerous analytical tools and use them to collect and analyze data for generation of business intelligence and support of different functional areas in an organization.
Top 10 Colleges/Institutes for MBA in Business Analytics in India
- ISB Hyderabad, Telangana
- Narsee Monjee School of Management - Bangalore,Karnataka
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development Pune, Maharashtra
- IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal
- SP Jain School of Global Management, Maharashtra
- Aegis School of Business - Mumbai, Maharashtra
- IIM Calcutta, West Bengal
- IIM Bangalore, Karnataka
- IIM Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Mumbai International School of Business - Bocconi Maharashtra
Topics covered may vary from institute to institute, but apart from the core subjects generally taught in MBA, the important areas taught in this course, are:
- Data Analytics Basics
- Spreadsheet Modeling and Analysis
- Applied Statistics
- Query Languages
- Business Analytics Application
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Cleaning, Normalization, and Data Mining
- Data Visualization
- Applied Business Intelligence
- Statistical Communication
- Social and Web Analytics
- Industry Applications of Analytics
- Legal Aspects of Business
MBA courses are usually full-time, spanning two years, and may also include internship, dissertation, industry visit, hands-on training in analytics laboratories, live case studies, professional certifications, and such.
You will generally need 50% marks in graduation from a recognized university to apply for these courses. You may need to have CAT, MAT, GMAT, XAT scores or have to appear for the entrance examination of the institute. Some colleges may only accept students who have degrees like B.E., B. Tech., B. Sc. in Physics or Chemistry or Mathematics, B. A. in Economics or Statistics, B. Com, BBA etc. Some others may also prefer work experience.
After successfully completing the MBA, you can easily secure jobs as
- Business Analyst
- Business Analyst Industry Expert
- Business Analyst Project Manager
- Data Analyst and/or SAS Programmer
- Big Data Analyst (Big Data is a complex and large data set that reveals many patterns, trends, and associations)
- Data Warehousing Expert
- Business Intelligence Expert
- Data Mining Expert
Industries such as financial services, retail, manufacturing, healthcare, energy, oil and gas, telecom, social media, sports, gaming, e-governance, and e-commerce will offer adequate employment scope for you.
Some of the well-known employers are Accenture, HP, IBM, Cognizant, Tata Consultancy Services, American Express, and so on.
Hope the answer is helpful.
All the best!
- Business Analytics is currently one of the hottest buzzwords among corporate and businesses world over. It essentially refers to processes and techniques which convert data into knowledge and insights that drive business decisions.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur. ...
- Praxis Business School, Kolkata. ...
- SP Jain School of Global Management, Mumbai. ...
- Narsee Monjee School of Management (NMIMS), Bangalore. ...
- Aegis School of Data Science, Mumbai.