Thanks for sharing your query with us I would like to help you out with providing all the details that you need so make sure you go through everything carefully.
The exam pattern for the entrance exam of postgraduate will be different from that of the undergraduate. They contain both subjective and objective type of questions for a total of 100 marks. Each subject will have separate type of questions, sections and marking schemes. The university conducts yearly admissions for the entrance into it's various departments. This year's entrance is likely to be held in May.
The entrance examination this year will be held online unlike the offline exams in the past years.
The Centre for Historical Studies (CHS) accounts for one of the most competitive centres in India.
Here are some of the recommended books for JNUEE M.A History:
1) Ancient India by Romila Thapar.
2) Ancient India by D.N Jha.
1) Medieval History by Irfan Habib.
2) Medieval India by Satish Chandra
1) Modern India by Sumit Sarkar
2) Plassey to Partition by Shankar Bandhopadhya
JNU has opted for a change in the exam proceedure this year, where the examination will be online as mostly based on objective type questions. However, the past year exam patterns had the following points:
- The question paper was of total 100 marks divided in three sections each.
- Section 1 carried 30 marks. It had one comprehension passage in English and students had to answer questions based on the passage.
- Section 2 was of 20 marks where there were 5 questions covering broad areas of social sciences to current affairs. Students were required to answer 1 question out of the 5.
- Section 3 carried 50 marks, which had 12 questions covering specific periods of History and candidates had to attempt 2 from each section.
I hope the given information clears your doubts about the exam pattern of JNUEE M.A History. Do feel free to ask if you have any further doubts.
Best of luck for your examinations.
JNUEE 2019 will be conducted in the month of December 2019. It will be conducted in the offline mode for a duration of 3 hours. The question paper of each program will carry questions of different nature i.e, objective type, subjective type or short answer type.
The exam patter can be seen on our website. Kindly go through it:
Hope this helps.
All the best!