Although both the exams are for getting into Bschools in India for post graduation but there is a huge difference between the two:
- Cat is common admission test and cmat is common management admission test
- Cat is one of the most popular exam in india for management given by around 2 lakhs of people and cmat is given by a lesser candidates around 50k-60k.
- Most of the bschools & iim accept cat score and around only 400+ colleges in india iccepts cmat score.
- Cat has a higher difficulty level and cmat is a bit on the easier side.
- Both exams are online but the exam pattern is different. Apart from quantitative ability, verbal ability and logical reasoning that are there in both the exams, cmat also an additional section for gk & current affairs.
- There are very few top colleges through cmat and many top colleges through cat that you can target.
- I hope this helps.
I am listing below the Difference between the Common Management Admission Test(CMAT) and Common Admission Test (CAT).:
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) conducts CMAT while, IIMs conduct CAT.
- IIMs, FMS, MDI, IITs, SPJIMR and other top MBA colleges in India do not accept CMAT score. They only accept CAT score.
- CMAT is comparatively easier than CAT .
- CMAT consists of All MCQ questions , whereas , CAT contains both MCQs and Non MCQ questions.
- In CAT, MCQs contains with 1/3 negative marking and No negative marking for Non-MCQs. Whereas, CMAT has a 1/4 Negative marking for each wrong attempt .
Hope this Helped:)