If you want a comparison between the two on the basis of ranking on the websites and magazines then
- Rank/Rating: TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal has been ranked higher
If you want a comparison on the basis of course fees then
- Course Fees: PGDM Financial Services in KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai has lower fees.
According to careers360, I would like to mention some parameters of both the institutions.
- RANK: 4TH
- COURSE FEES: 13LAKHS
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: A Graduate Degree with not less than 50% marks (final year students may also apply).
- SEATS: 60
- ENTRANCE EXAM: CAT, XAT
- OWNERSHIP: PRIVATE
- RATE: 20TH
- COURSE FEES:4.74 LAKH
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Should be a pass in Bachelors or Post Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- SEATS: 60
- EXAM: CAT, XAT
- OWNERSHIP: PRIVATE
If we talk about the placements, both the institutions are almost neck to neck. TAPMI and KJ Somaiya are no different. I don't think either of them is better, it's about which one is better for you. Beyond a point, it's really difficult to objectively rate B schools as there are a lot of parameters involved. To get a realistic picture, I would suggest you ask students/alumni questions regarding various parameters (pedagogy, faculty, placements, companies visiting, roles offered, packages offered for different roles etc). You should consider all these parameters and then decide which B school suits you better as per your preferences.
Hope the above-shared information is helpful to you.
Do feel free to revert back in case of any doubt or query in the comment section regarding the shared information.
This is quite a comparison you've made here because both the b-schools have a significant presence among the top b-schools in the country. Both have almost similar specs if you go by the placements and infrastructure but the only difference comes in location and the fees. though it is not advisable to answer the question only based on placements it becomes rather important to consider other factors as well.
If you're specifically talking about finance, then both the colleges stand a fair chance given that they both have splendid faculty and also the recruiters who walk in are rather similar. The return on investment can also be a factor but you can consider the following points before making a decision.
K J Somaiya
- Total Students - 480
- Fees : 13.6 lakhs excluding hostel fees.
- Average package - 9.09 LPA
- Highest package - 20 LPA
- Recruiters - Adithya Birla, Amazon, Google, HDFC, Maruthi Suzuki, IBM, SAP, Wipro, Accenture, Deloitte, Mphasis, LG, Vedanta, Godrej, Airtel, etc.
- Factors to consider - Fees is low compared to TAMPI. The location is a major advantage considering that Mumbai is the financial hub and provides an ample number of opportunities during internships and also placements. Apart from that the corporate- campus connect is also high on the radar.
- Total Students - 445
- Fees - 14 lakhs excluding hostel fees.
- Average Placement - 10.06 LPA
- Highest Placement - 19.4 LPA
- Recruiters - ICICI, Amazon, HDFC, Deloitte, Airtel, Godrej, Amul, Britannia, ITC, Cognizant, Salesforce, Titan, ITC, CityCorp etc.
- The infrastructure is top notch as it is located in Manipal, which is the student hub in Karnataka and the brand value of the college is also known in the corporate world.
- Other factors. Accreditation - TAPMI is much better in comparison to K J Somaiya as it has AACSB accreditation and is among the first institute in India to get so only after ISB.
There is no particular difference within the specialization but you could connect to the alumni on Linkedin so that you get a better picture of what happens within the college and how they fare after they pass out.