INSEAD and HBS both are in TOP 5 business schools.
In my perspective INSEAD is slightly better than HBS.
Some key points are:
1. INSEAD provides you a fast track 10 month MBA program with more than 75 electives to choose from. Whereas HBS is a two-year, full-time MBA program with a general management curriculum and a focus on real-world practice.
2. Average salary $109,800 with 91% of students hired within 3 months.
3. INSEAD Campus Selection & Exchange program allows students to spend at least one Period on another INSEAD campus or partner universities (Wharton, Kellogg or CEIBS) depending on the interest to those seeking to build the network in particular region.
Ultimately both universities are best.
If you prefer Europe, go for INSEAD.
If you prefer USA, go for HBS.
All the best!
Hope this helps!
It's quite difficult to say which is better as both INSEAD and HBS are among the top notch business schools in terms of worldwide reputation , network opportunities , study versatility and career exposure. So let us first try to analyse both INSEAD and HBS on certain parameters before we reach to any conclusion :-
- Ranking in the world :-HBS has been ranked 2nd,5th and 4th in the year 2019, 2018 and 2017 in the Financial Times Global MBA Ranking , thus we can say that its past 3 years average ranking is 4th on global level . Whereas INSEAD has been ranked 1st ,2nd and 3rd in the year 2017,2018 and 2019 respectively. So , it's clear that INSEAD outshines HBS when it comes to ranking on global level .
- Value for money :- INSEAD provides 1 year mba programme with more than 75 electives to choose from whereas HBS provides a two year full-time MBA program with a general management curriculum . Thus, INSEAD saves both time and money of the students because of shorter duration of the course but still one one cannot afford to miss the prestige of pursuing MBA from Havard .
So , does it mean that INSEAD is better than Havard? it's a big no, because of the following :-
- Study environment :- HBS is far more selective than INSEAD, it is known to recruit the best , it doesn't matter how smart you are, you will still meet people smarter than you , it will provide you the opportunity to grow exponentially and explosively.
- Brand name , recognition and alumni network :- HBS has one of the best alumni network in the world, it is much more stronger and extensive than INSEAD. HBS has one of the most global alumni network one can possibly imagine, INSEAD too has a decent brand recognition and is well known by top global firms but it is not always known to masses, especially in the U.S. The whole world of business schools use HBS case studies.HBS is known to produce is known to produce more number of CEOs than any other business schools.
- Opportunities and salary :- Mba graduates from HBS enjoy more opportunities and salary especially in America as INSEAD is not well known there .
Conclusion :- Both HBS and INSEAD are quite similar but which one is better depends upon the perspective from which it is viewed,for example if one wants to get a degree in mba in 1 year and wants to work in Europe than INSEAD is at par with HBS, but if someone wants to enjoy the global alumni network of HBS, huge salary packages and wants to work especially in America then undoubtedly there's no alternative to HBS . I think now we are in the position where we can answer which is better, yes you guessed it right, it's undoubtedly HBS .