Dear aspirant, Both courses have same value. MBBS and BDS are equally difficult and equally easy.
MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery. Whereas, BDS stands for Bachelor of Dental surgery.
BDS deals with dental criteria, this means a graduate will be a Dentist doctor.
For MBBS , you'll have study about Medicine and Surgery work For specific body parts other than dental work.
Both the courses require same amount of hardwork in different ways.
Both the programs have their huge scope.
It's just that MBBS has lucrative future until and unless you you go for higher studies after that. Whereas after BDS you become a dentist , and a super specialist after MDS.
If you don't want to go for higher studies after MBBS then you should choose BDS.
The Dental Council of India (DCI) has urged Medical Council of India (MCI) to introduce a three-year MBBS bridge course for Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) graduates, which will allow them to become full-fledged MBBS doctors.
Benefits of BDS over MBBS:
1. BDS is comparatively cheaper and can be considered affordable .
2. BDS course ends 6 months before MBBS
3. In MBBS you'll have to study further in something as 5 years are not enough and will leave you as a physician. But, in BDS it's not an absolute requirement to further super-specialise in master's degree.BDS itself is a specialised course.
4.after your Bachelors you get good employment faster as compared to MBBS.
But you'll have limited options in BDS because there is no turning back . And in MBBS you can decide what to specialise in.
Benefits of MBBS over BDS:
1. Complete experience and you'll study about complete human body.
2. Endless job opportunities
3. Higher salary
4. Good government support
5. Multiple specialization makes the course broader and gives you more options to choose from.
All the best
Hope this helps
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile