Academic and professional requirements to be a fully qualified dietitian may varies country to country. You can pursue the medical courses in dietetics fields listed below:
- Certification Courses in nutrition, dietetics – Minimum duration – 6 months, Maximum duration – 2 years
- Bachelor’s degree in dietetics, nutrition’s or in any other related field – 3 years duration
- Master’s degree in dietetics – 2 years duration
For admission to bachelor’s course, you have to clear the higher secondary examination with the requisite academic criteria.
B.Sc. in Nutrition and Dietetics is a 3- year long full- time undergraduate course divided over 6 semesters. It involves the study of food management, promotion of health through healthy food, and primarily focuses on the relationship between the body and food.
The average annual fee charged in India for this course ranges between INR 3 to 5 Lacs , depending upon the institute offering it. The basic minimum eligibility for pursuing this course is a X and XII qualification with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
Hope this helps.
B.Sc Dietetics is a 3 years undergraduate course which involves the study of food management, promotion of health, and primary focus between food and body.
The eligibility criteria for pursuing this course in India is that the candidate should have completed 10+2 with a minimum aggregate of 50% ( 60% for some colleges ) and have cleared the entrance exams ( in some colleges ). The average course fees for pursuing this course in India is around 3 to 5 Lakhs INR. The top Institutes offering B.Sc in Dietetics in India are:
1. National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
2. University of Madras
3. Osmania University
4. University of Bombay
5. Institute of Home Economics, New Delhi
6. Presidency University, Kolkata