how to prepare for JNU MA political science entrance exam ? what is the book list ? exam pattern, syllabus, when exam will happen?
You must know that the entrance exams are subjective.To get ready for the entrance exam for JNU MA Political Science, here are some tips:
1. Following are the major topics you'll need to cover:
- Political Theory and Thought
- Comparative Politics and Political Analysis
- Indian Government and Politics
- Bureaucracy and Public Administration
- International Relations
MA Political Science Entrance Exam Pattern:
Questions: 7 (only 3 to attempt)
Time: 3 hours
Pattern: long-type subjective answer
2.It is highly important from the standpoint of preparations that you're updated with the latest General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
3. It is recommended to do detailed contextual reading in post-colonial and contemporary politics and international affairs. As it will give you clear hindsight of the current events and issues of national and international politics.
4. Your contextual reading and preparations need to confine within India's perspective. Otherwise you will read anything that comes to you will not be able to prepare effectively and also will lose focus. Therefore make sure that your study material whether it is international relations or contemporary politics it has to be in India's context.
5. Work on your writing skills like grammar, punctuation and sentence formation. Make your writing more engaging by using examples, subtitles, bullet points, short sentence and paras etc.
6. Practice previous year question because with this you not only get ideas to crack exam but also gain some confidence.
JNU is going to conduct MA Political Science Entrance and MA International Relations Entrance Exams around 27-30th December every year.