I am in class 11th and i have opted for humanities. i want to clear clat first and then compete the upsc exam , please tell me the right path
If you wish to give CLAT then you can take BA/LLB or BBA/LLB then after graduation you can appear for upsc . UPSC basic criteria includes graduation degree in any discipline from any recognized University. Candidate must be more than 21 years of age and the upper age limit is 32 years for general candidates. Therefore as per your interest you can do graduation in law and then give upsc after completing your graduation.
Opting for humanities is the first step in preparing for CLAT. I would like you to give some tips which will help you to prepare yourself well for the entrance exam.
- Join a coaching centre in 11th itself. I have seen so many students joining a coaching centre in 11std only, it gives them extra time to prepare and chance to practice a lot.
- divide your school syllabus and CLAT syllabus. Equal time should be devoted.
- read news daily. Keeping a tab on current affairs will help you both for CLAT as well as for UPSC
- solve previous year question papers.
- practice reasoning questions a lot. They need extra practice. And will help you in upsc as well.
- plan your math section accordingly.
Note that in order to pursue upsc you will need to complete your law degree first.
here are more tips and tricks to prepare for clat.
hope you find it helpful.