i want to know about syllabus and elligibility criteria of mass communication and journalism course please send me
Hello Aspirant,Hope you are doing well
Mass Communication is a medium of dispersing information to a large number of people. The term is not limited to only journalism but spreads its branches to various other media fields including newsgathering and reporting, film direction and production, event management (https://www.shiksha.com/hospitality-travel/event-management-chp) , public relations, advertising, corporate communication, and the list continues.
Eligibility criteria for undergraduate and postgraduate mass communication courses offered at different institutions is mentioned below:
UG Courses: All candidates should clear Class 12 th in any stream from a recognised board with the minimum required percentage (50% - 60%) as stipulated by a university/ college. Eligibility criteria of some universities/ colleges also require candidates to be minimum 17 years in age at the time of admissions.
PG Courses: All candidates should clear graduation in any stream from a recognised university with the minimum required percentage (50% - 60%) as stipulated by a university/ college. Eligibility criteria of some universities/ colleges also require candidates to be minimum 23 years or more in age at the time of admissions.
Some of the top Mass Communication entrance exams are as follows:
- Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam (https://www.shiksha.com/university/jamia-millia-islamia-jmi/jamia-millia-islamia-entrance-exam)
- XIC OET (https://www.shiksha.com/college/xavier-institute-of-communications/xic-oet-exam)
- IIMC Entrance Exam (https://www.shiksha.com/college/iimc-indian-institute-of-mass-communication/iimc-entrance-exam)
- FTII JET (https://www.shiksha.com/mass-communication-media/film-tv/ftii-jet-exam)
- JNUEE (https://www.shiksha.com/university/jnu-jawaharlal-nehru-university/jnuee-exam)
- CUET (https://www.shiksha.com/bba/cuet-exam)
Subjects that candidates study in mass communication and media depend on the type of course (UG/ PG/ Degree/ Diploma/ Certificate) they pursue. However, the curriculum of any course that a candidate pursues covers both theories as well as practical experience in the form of internships, study tours, seminars, etc.
For further details visit this
Hope this helps you
ALL THE BEST