if i graduate in 2023 August September, will I be eligible to sit for clat pg 2023 exam? or will i have to wait and sit for clat pg 2024 exam?
Hope you are doing well.
The Consortium of National Law Universities c onducts the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
For this particular year, Registrations for the examination was opened on 1st January 2021 and closed on 15 June 2021. The exam was conducted on 23rd July, from 2 PM to 4 PM.
eligibility criteria:( as per 2021)
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2021.
- Minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination of 10+2 or an equivalent examination, the candidates must have secured 45% marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories
- 40% marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April, 2021 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2021 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:Higher marks in the component / section on legal aptitude in the CLAT 2021 exam;Higher age;Computerised draw of lots
Same is for PG level Clat, [point 04.]
The students applying for a particular year CLAT exam can be among the same year graduates. But you need to produce a certified proof of graduation for this.
So, if you are graduating in the year 2023, you can give the CLAT exam in the same year, providing the evidence of graduation.
Hopefully this cleared your query.
BEST wishes ahead.