The national transporter, Indian Railways, is the biggest recruiter in the country. Every year Indian Railways announce lakhs of jobs for graduates, 10+2 and matric pass candidates.
The English will be the default language for the exam. Besides, the exam will also be conducted in Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
- Post Names : Junior Engineer (JE), Junior Engineer (Information Technology) Depot Material Superintendent (DMS) and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA)
- Number of Vacancies : The vacancy has been revised from 14,033 to 13,487 (announced in 2018)
- Recruitment stages : First Stage CBT, Second Stage CBT, Document Verification and Medical Examination
- Exam Duration : First Stage CBT-90 minutes, Second Stage CBT-120 minutes
- Age Limit: 18 to 33 years
JE Post: An applicant must have three years Diploma in Civil Engineering/Mechanical/ Production/ Automobile / Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering/ Control/ Tools & Machining/ Tools & Die Making/ Computer Science/ Computer Engineering or B.Sc in Civil Engineering from a Recognized University/Institute.
DMS: Applicants need to complete a three-year Diploma in Engineering from any govt. recognized university or equivalent.
JE (IT): Candidates must have PGDCA / B.Sc. (Computer Science)/ BCA/ B.Tech. (Information Technology)/ B.Tech. (Computer Science)/ DOEACC ‘B’ level course of three years duration or equivalent.
CMA: Degree in Science with Physics and Chemistry with minimum 55% marks.
Hope this helps.