IIM Raipur has been set up the Government of India in 2010, and the FPM (Fellow Program in Management) program has been started 8 years back, that is from academic year 2012-13. The main aim of the program is to prepare scholars for the teaching and advance research.
FPM from Raipur is a good choice and you can consider the following highlights will help you making your decision:
- IIM Raipur is a very new school and their infrastructure for research is still “developing”.
- It has good connectivity to the campus.
- Unlike other institutes, IIM allows you to formally begun your research in 2nd year itself.
As far as Careers are concerned, following points will give you the insight:
- FPM program has as such no companies directly coming for the placement for FPM batch.
- Majority of the students are placed as an assistant professor job in various institutions
- Most of the students apply for the Post doctorate and it is also a good option. However, if you are interested in campus placements, you can apply to the industries directly.
- Post your studies, Consultant profile is one of the most demanded roles post FPM and the Research department is the second best option.
You can even go through the following colleges for your FPM and explore more choices before going for IIM-Raipur:
Management Development Institute(MDI) Gurgaon:
The faculty is plus point here, they are quite experienced and will be add on to your research program.