Is maths and English in 12th is necessary to appear in du jat ? I am arts student with Hindi , political,history, sociology. Am I eligible??
The appearing candidate should have cleared Senior Secondary School Examination of CBSE or any other class 12 equivalent examination from any board/recognized institute, university
Candidates belonging to general category should have secured a minimum of 60% in class 12. This aggregate should be of marks scored in four papers- English, Mathematics and the other two subjects that are approved by University of Delhi
Candidates belonging to SC, ST, CW and PwD categories should have attained a minimum of 55% in class 12th. This aggregate should be of marks scored in four papers- English, Mathematics and the other two subjects that are approved by University of Delhi
Candidate should have passed individually in all the above four papers
Candidate must possess confirmed result and marksheet of the qualifying examination. When called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview, the candidate needs to produce the same candidate failing to do so will not be entertained
Candidates belonging to OBC-non creamy layer/SC/ST/PwD/CW categories should carry a category certificate
Feel free to comment if you have any doubt
DU JAT eligiblity criteria :
- Every aspirant, in order to apply for the DU JAT 2019 exam must have qualified/cleared the board examinations, conducted by a recognised board. The Senior Secondary School Examination must be of CBSE or any other examination which is considered equivalent by the University of Delhi.
- Candidates who have appeared in the senior secondary examinations and are awaiting their results are eligible to apply as well.
- Aspirants belonging to the General Category should have an aggregate of minimum 60 percent in four papers including English, Mathematics and other two subjects from the list of elective subjects as approved by the University of Delhi. List of subjects - Arabic,Bengali, Botany, Biology/ Biotechnology, Chemistry, Commerce/Business Studies, Computer Science/ Informatics Practices, Economics, English, French,Geography, Geology, German, Hindi Italian, LegalStudies, Mathematics, Persian, Philosophy, Physics, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Spanish, Statistics, Urdu, History, Political Science, Zoology, Home Science, Punjabi, and Accountancy.
- As per the eligibility criteria of DU JAT 2019, the minimum percentage requirement for the reserved category, namely SC, ST, CW, and PwD category candidates is 55 percent in each of the four papers considered for computing the aggregate.
- The minimum percentage requirement for the OBC (non-creamy) candidates is 54 percent in each of the four papers considered for computing the aggregate. The OBC applicants shall be given a relaxation of 10 percent in the minimum eligibility marks for getting admissions and for the DU JAT 2019 test a relaxation of 10 percent of the minimum eligibility marks prescribed for General/UR Category applicants.
- In case of students awaiting their board results, they need to produce the confirmed result and mark-sheet of the qualifying examination on the day of the DU JAT 2019 Counselling/ Selection Procedure for admission in BMS/BBA (FIA)/ B.A (Hons) Business Economics programs.
Refer the link to know more about DU JAT :
I hope this helps.