The main units in Karnataka PGCET for MCA are Mathematics, Computer Awareness, Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning , General Awareness and General English.
- Algebra : Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, Factorization, Simultaneous Linear / Quadratic equations, Indices, Logarithms, Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions, Binomial Theorem, Permutations and Combinations, Determinants, Matrices, Sets and application to solution of simultaneous linear equations.
- Co-Ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, Equations of Line, Mid-point, Intersections etc, Equations of a Circle, Distance formulae, Pair of straight lines, Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola, Simple Geometric transformations such as Translation, Rotation, Scaling.
- Boolean algebra: Basic operations, Evaluation of Boolean expressions, Basic postulates of Boolean Algebra.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, Trigonometric equations, Properties of Triangles, Inverse function. Probability and Statistics: Basic concept of Probability theory, Averages, Dependent and Independent events, Frequency distributions and measures of dispersions, Skewness and Kurtosis, Correlation and Regression, Random variables.
- Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Input /Output devices, Computer Memory, Programming Languages, Types of Software's, General awareness about Internet, Web Applications, Database Applications and Information Systems.
- Data Representation: Representation of Characters, Integers and Fractions, Binary, ASCII and Hexadecimal representations.
- Binary Arithmetic: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Two's complement arithmetic, Floating-point representation of numbers, normalized Floating-point representation.
- Operating Systems: Evolution of operating systems, types of operating systems, functions of an operating system, modern operating systems.
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning :
- Logical Reasoning, Quantitative reasoning and Visual-spatial reasoning.
- General awareness about Business, Finance, Industry, Transportation, Scientific inventions, Governance, Healthcare and Cultural dimensions etc.
- Basic English grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, sentence correction, word & phrases, jumbled paragraph.
Also the eligibility criteria for MCA course is that the candidate must have studied and passed in one or more Government or Government recognized educational located in the state for a minimum 7 years. Also, the candidate and must have appeared and passed either SSLC / 10th standard or 2nd PUC / 12th standard examination in a Government recognized institutions located in the state of Karnataka.
Hope it helps!
he Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) is responsible for releasing the karnataka PGCET 2021 syllabus for the upcoming session.
For complete syllabus use the link
All the best