Please tell me about M.sc pharmaceutical chemistry career ???if it is done from hnbgu university??
M.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry is a 2-year postgraduate course in Pharmaceutical Chemistry- the study of drugs and drug development. The discipline includes concepts and processes of drug discovery, delivery, absorption, metabolism, and such. Pharmaceutical Chemistry also involves elements of Biomedical Analysis, Pharmacology, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics.
Pharmaceutical Chemistry-related work is usually based in lab settings. The course components include an advanced study of:
- Drug-based cures and remedies for disease
- Analytical techniques
- Pharmacology and metabolism
- Quality assurance and drug chemistry
- Development of life-saving remedies
- Enhancement of the speed of delivery of new medications.
The course can be pursued both full-time and in the distance mode in India, and the course’s syllabus is divided across four semesters.Course fee is around INR 1000-2 LAKHS.Eligibility criteria is that one should have completed his/her graduation from a recognised university.
Successful postgraduates of M.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry are employed in chemical and petroleum industries. Another career option is teaching for such postgraduates.
Pharmaceutical Chemistry is a major part of the evolving field of medical technology, and chemists are greatly sought by the pharmaceutical industry for their skills in analyzing and manipulating the properties of medicine.
Chemists are mostly employed in:
- pharmaceutical industries
- research institutes
- schools and government laboratories
- manufacturing industries
- food processing and beverage industries
- industries manufacturing cheese, noodles, jams, biscuits and such readymade food items.....salary of the above careers lies between 4-12 lakhs. And if done from hnbgu university,then its best as it is one of the best colleges for msc in pharmaceutical chemistry and gives good placements in field of research.......Thanks..!!