What is the meaning of state quota for 15% all India seats?
dont confuse state quota and 15% AIQ
you being from Andhra Pradesh will be having the domicile of AP then you are eligible for the 85% state quota because you are a native of that place
15% AIQ is for you to apply for other states. There you have limited seats but that makes you eligible for other states
The Meaning of 15% All India Quota Seats had a special message that varies Year by Year.
All India Quota means the colleges in a state registered under MCI have to keep 15% of their total seats reserved for the candidates coming through AIQ as students are free to apply in this quota (except J&K candidates) as state domicile is not required for the same.
Also, you can check type of counseling and their conducting body below -
1. NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in J&K) in Government medical and dental colleges - DGHS, on behalf of MCC (Counseling Body)
2. NEET Counselling for 100% seats in Deemed and Central Universities - DGHS, on behalf of MCC (Counseling Body)
3. NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges - DGHS, on behalf of MCC (Counseling Body)
4. NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) - DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune (Counseling Body)
5. NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats and state private colleges - Respective State Counselling Authorities
Allow me to take you a year back (in 2016/15/14…..) where the meaning of this holy phrase was alot different.
In 2016 and backwards (Meaning of 15% All India Quota Seats)
15% All India Quota Seats were the 15 % seats in only government colleges for which the centralised All India Counselling is to be considered for the admission. Let us Say, If there are 100 Total Seats in the Government Colleges Named “X”, Then 15 of its seats are to be filed by the All India Counselling or in other words 15% Seats in Govt. Institution are filled by the All India Centralised Counselling for 15% of Seats.
Rest 85% Seats in the Government Colleges were either filled by the State Counselling or on the Basis of the AIPMT Scores.
In 2017 From now onward (Meaning of 15% All India Quota Seats)
15% All India Quota Seats Means 15% Seats of All 460 Medical Colleges in India (Including Private, Government,….all means all) will be filled via Centralised All India Counselling for the 15% Seats. Which means an Institution whether Government or Private will have to reserve 15 % of its seats which will be filled via All India NEET Counselling.
Rest 85% of the seats will be filled via State Counselling for the Students.
Hope it Helps.
Know More about
Your Joint Entrance Examination (Main) brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id “”.
Your National Eligibility cum Entrance Test brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id “”.