Jawaharlal Nehru University is one of the best universities in India for postgraduate courses. It conducts JNUEE every year for the admission to various courses. The test is computer-based and the duration of the test is 3 hours. It comprises of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and subjective questions- 100 questions with varying weights depending on the type of question. There is no negative marking and the language of the paper will be English.
The paper will be divided into two sections. The first section will comprise of English Comprehension and Grammar, Reasoning and Language for 50 marks. The second section will have 50 marks of subjective or descriptive answers.
The changes in the paper will be according to the course for M.A.-
- For M.A., there is negative marking for some courses.
- For MSc. the first part will be 12th class science and maths and the second part will have Physics, Botany, Geology, Zoology, Chemistry and Mathematics from B.Sc. MSc. Physics- Physical Chemistry and Mathematics of B.Sc. will be asked and for M.Sc. Chemistry- Inorganic, Organic and Physical Chemistry will be asked. The paper will have only objective type questions.
- For M.A. Arts and Aesthetics, there is a time limit for both the sections with both short and long answer questions.
- For M.A. in Literature, Language and Culture- the topics are Language, grammar, translations, short essays and society, culture and literature of language origin country where all questions will be objective.
- M.A. Sanskrit will have short answer type questions for 100 marks.
This will enable you to understand the preparation for the exam. For specific syllabus, please mention the course you want to apply for.
For more information, visit: https://university.careers360.com/articles/jnu-exam-pattern
Hope this helps. All the best!
You have not mentioned the programme for which you are asking for the syllabus,if that is for MA which usually people ask for then
The questions in paper for M.A Programme are based on microeconomics, macroeconomics, mathematics and statistics, International trade, public economics and economic development.
The paper will have 100 objective and subjective type questions.
For this paper, negative marking is applicable.
You can get more details of this examination on our page-
You can find the exam pattern, syllabus and the details for JNUEE exam by going through the below attached link:
Hope this helps, Good Luck.