LLB or Bachelor of Law/Laws is an undergraduate law course offered by various Indian universities. The course duration is 3-year for which the minimum eligibility criterion is graduation .
The admissions commence in the month of January and the entrance exam is conducted around the month of May.
This course is considered to be one of the most prestigious courses and various LLB career options for the same are available in both the private and public sectors. However, most of the lawyers prefer to become an advocate and practice law as a profession.
Some of the top colleges offering this course are:
- Faculty of Law University of Delhi, New Delhi
- Symbiosis Law School, Pune
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Bharati Vidyapeeth New Law College, Pune
The course fee ranges from INR 10,000-2 Lakhs generally.
After completing this course, students find opportunities in various sectors and industries. The average starting salary ranges from IN 4-7 Lakhs.
The minimum eligibility criteria for pursuing this course are listed below:
- Successful completion of graduation in any discipline.
- Minimum aggregate marks in graduation are required for general category and the marks are relaxable for reserved categories.
- There is also a criterion for minimum marks required in graduation which may vary from institute to institute.
- There is no age limit for taking admission in this course.
Hope I answer your question and it's helpful.
All the best