In order to make an informed decision about which college to choose for your final joining, you must analyse various parameters of a B-School to decide the one which matches with your final goals. At the end of your MBA, your goal could be entrepreneurship, higher education, job opportunities, greater exposure, increased market value or something very different. Basis the end result, please choose the college wisely.
For higher education, you should choose a college with good faculty and academic exposure, for career opportunities - choose a college with good placement records, for exposure and networking - choose a one with greater alumni base and so on.
For the colleges mentioned, I am highlighting the key parameters and the differences between the colleges. Accordingly, please review and make a choice:
- Course: MBA two year full time program offering PG Degree
- Fees: INR 13-14 Lakhs approx.
- Infrastructure: The infrastructure of the college is very nice and it gives a candidate the exposure to campus life. They have good facilities for library, laboratories, study centers etc. for holding discussions and learning from peers. They also offer in campus hostel facilities with different buildings for male and female.
- Faculty & Academics: 80% of the faculty have PhD in their field and they come from top notch B-Schools. On an average they have 7-10 years of experience and good corporate exposure.
- Placements: placement rates at 98.7%. Average annual packages are around 6L p.a. with highest packages being as high as 17L p.a. Companies recruiting are D.E.Shaw, Amazon, Deloitte, Factset, HDFC Bank, iNautix among many others
Great Lakes Gurgaon:
- Course: MBA two year full time program and MBA HRM
- Fees: INR 10 Lakhs approx.
- Infrastructure: The campus is very huge with 7.2 acres of land located just near NH8. Due to its location closer to the Delhi, which is the hub for a lot of industries, the placements are also good.
- Faculty & Academics: The core faculty are all Ph.D holders with very high level of experience and exposure in the industry. They come from leading colleges in India like IIM Ahmedabad, XLRI and the likes.
- Placements: Average annual packages are about 8LPA where as the highest offered packages lie in the 13LPA range. Companies recruiting are PWC, KPMG, Deloitte among many others
Now that you know the key differences, please choose accordingly.
Both the colleges that you have mentioned above are known for offering quality education to their students along with amazing placement opportunities. But before you decide on which one to choose between both the options, here are a few factors that you must consider:
1. Campus Infrastructure - IMT Hyderabad is a college which has all the modern amenities for the students. Library, laboratories, lecture theatres and sports fields are to name a few. The college is established in the year 2011 and has expanded its campus in the due course of time. Meanwhile, Greatlakes Gurgaon has a 7.2 acre lush green campus with all the modern facilities available for the students to use. Plus, the campus life of both the colleges are great.
2. Placement Records - Talking about IMT Hyderabad, the placement records suggest that the previous year's average salary offered was around 7.5 lakhs per annum and the highest package offered was 16.5 lakhs per annum. Almost 96% students were placed where the top recruiters were Deloittee, Crisil, Wipro and PwC. Coming to Greatlakes Gurgaon, the previous placement records suggest that the average salary offered was between 8 lakhs to 9 lakhs per annum. The highest salary offered was 13 lakhs per annum.
In my opinion, if you consider the placement opportunities and ROI factor, then IMT Hyderabad is a good option. But here, there are other factors also which might have an effect on your decision. So you must consider the factors like location, fees structure, faculty and more before you make your final decision.
To get more information about both the colleges, you can check out these links: https://www.careers360.com/colleges/institute-of-management-technology-hyderabad https://www.careers360.com/colleges/great-lakes-institute-of-management-gurgaon
Hope this information helps you in making an informed decision.
All the best!